In this tutorial, I am going to show you how to store tons of data online for free by using the Google service called G drive option which allows Gmail users to have 15 gigabytes of free space online. They can upload/save/delete any kind of data using G drive.
Earlier Google used to allot less than 15 Gigabytes of space but it changed its policy and started giving 15 Gigabytes of space for a long time. I’ve been storing my data online using this service. The only thing required for this is a Gmail account. One can sign up for his Gmail account and later get his G drive space from Google.
You can also upload or open your Google drive from your desktop. So, Google offers you a valuable application to start G drive directly from your desktop. With this method, you need not go to the browser and follow a lengthy process to start your G drive.
What can you upload online into G Drive?
You can upload anything in your G drive but the stuff you upload should not be an obstacle to Google G drive policy. They also give you a special feature to upload files together/one by one or upload the whole folder. The Google folder upload option is only available in the Google Chrome browser.
Go to your Gmail if you have one or else sign up for a Gmail account.
After creating a new Gmail account, go to the Google Drive option. It’s simple to understand and easy. This will be your first step, not too hard.
- All the steps to be followed are numbered in sequence, so follow them to upload data online using G drive.
- Can we increase storage capacity beyond 15 Gigabytes?
- Yes, you can obviously increase your G drive allotted space to given packages.
- Google also allow users to increase their storage capacity by paying Google directly. Below two images show you various plans that buyers can get. even their prices and ranges are given.
How to Store Data online for free using Google Drive
You can store data online for free using Google Drive by following these steps:
- Go to the Google Drive website: https://drive.google.com/
- Sign in to your Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, you can create one for free.
- Click on the “New” button in the top-left corner of the page and select “File Upload” or “Folder Upload” from the drop-down menu.
- Select the files or folders you want to upload from your computer. You can also drag and drop files and folders directly into Google Drive.
- The files will begin uploading to Google Drive. You can view the upload progress in the bottom-right corner of the page.
- Once the upload is complete, you can access your files from any device with an internet connection by signing in to your Google account.
Google Drive gives you 15 GB of free storage space. You can purchase additional storage or upgrade to a paid plan if you need more space.