Google Contacts is referred to as one of Google’s most powerful and valuable free services. You can quickly import, export, backup, upload and restore your information into Google Contacts. This information may contain names, email addresses, contact numbers, and other details, which you may submit at any time and from any location.
From one Gmail account to another, you may download and then import some or all of your contacts. Transferring these contacts often takes only a few minutes, and you may even reuse the downloaded contact list later if required.
Google Contacts, part of Google workspace is a good online storage place for all of your Gmail accounts. It provides several strong features such as usability, sharing, merging & fixing, label generation, import, export, and printing. Many users choose to keep these contacts online, others prefer to keep them on their computer Gmail application or backup contacts or calendars to Outlook PST.
Users require offline access to contacts due to personal and professional reasons, so they download them to their system. Google provide an export tool that allows you to download or backup a group or all of your Google Contacts into one of three file formats Google CSV, Outlook CSV, or vCard is the format of iOS Contacts.
How to Download Google Contacts at contacts.google.com
You can download Google Contacts at contacts.google.com. Follow the simple steps below.
- Sign in to your Gmail account and go to the link https://contacts.google.com.
- Or go to the applications menu in the upper-right corner of Gmail and select ‘Contacts’ symbol.
- Select the ‘Export’ option in the left side menu.
- Choose ‘Contacts’ to export your full contact list. To choose a Google Contacts group click the drop-down arrow.
- Select any one of the export formats such as CSV, XML, vCard and etc, and then click the ‘Export’ option.
- Now, download the Google contacts file to your computer or smartphone. You can rename the file anything you want.
How to Export/Backup Google Contacts using takeout.google.com
Google Takeout is an online tool that can export or backup all Google contact information from multiple applications and save it as a zip file. Follow the given below steps to export Google contacts.
- First, you must log in with your Google account and visit this link takeout.google.com
- Then, select the check box only ‘Contacts’ option and click the ‘Next step’ button.
- On the next page, then set the file format, frequency, and destination of your data export.
- Click the ‘Create export’ button, Google takeout will generate a download file containing your contacts.
- Then, you may download the zip file by clicking the Download button.
How to Download Google Contacts from Gmail
Here’s a step-by-step instruction for downloading Google contacts from Gmail.
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Choose the Contacts app from the Google Apps drop-down menu by clicking on the Google Apps icon.
- Then, you will be redirected to the Google Contact management page will appear.
- You may choose contacts to export from Gmail from the list of contacts shown below.
- Once you’ve selected the contacts to export from your Contacts folder, click the ‘More actions’ icon in the upper left corner. Next, select the Export option.
- The Export contacts pop-up window will display.
- Then it will show three options, you may select the ‘All email contacts from your Gmail address book’ option to export your contacts in this contact management pop-up.
- You may also choose the file format in which to send the contacts file.
- Finally, to transfer contacts, select the ‘Export’ option and the download will start quickly.
How to Import & Export Google Contacts to Desktop PC
You need to your Google Contacts Import and Export for your desktop pc by following the steps.
Export Google Contacts to Desktop PC
- First, Login to your Google account on your desktop PC and proceed to Google Contacts.
- The Google Contacts page will be displayed, as well as the Contact lists and information.
- To download multiple or all Google Contacts, select the check box with a checkmark before selecting it.
- To download all Google Contacts to your PC, check any random checkbox near the Google Contact, then click the expanding arrow on the left and choose the ‘All‘ option. It will export all of the contacts in the list.
- After selecting the particular or all contacts from the Google Contacts list, on the top of the page click the ‘More‘ option or the three dots symbol, and choose ‘Export‘ option from the drop-down list.
- Choose any one of the three export format options Google CSV, Outlook CSV, or vCard and click on ‘Export‘ option.
- Now, export Google Contacts to your desktop PC.
Import Google Contacts to Desktop PC
- Go to Google Contacts on your computer, and then sign in using your other Gmail account.
- Go to the menu by pressing the three bars in the upper-left corner of the page.
- Then choose “Settings” option.
- Go to the bottom and click the “Import” button.
- Choose your Google contact file by clicking on it.
- Now import the contact file by clicking the ‘Import’ option.
How to Import & Export Contacts Google to iPhone
You can transfer Google contacts to your iPhone. Then you are linking iCloud to all of your Apple devices. Follow the simple steps below.
Export the Google contacts to iPhone
- Sign in to the Google account on your iPhone.
- Launch the Google Contacts app by clicking the nine-dot menu in the top right corner of the page.
- On the left side menu, select the ‘Export‘ option.
- Choose ‘Contacts‘ to export your complete contact list. To choose a Google Contacts group, use the drop-down arrow.
- Select the export format “vCard (for iOS Contacts)” from the popup window.
- Then click the ‘Export’ option.
- Now, downloads all of your Google contacts in vCard format to your iPhone.
Import Google Contacts to iPhone
- Visit Google Contacts and sign in with your Gmail account on your iPhone.
- On your iPhone, click on “Settings” and enable the “Contacts” option.
- Choose the Google contacts to transfer and export them as vCard.
- Choose “Contacts” from the set of options.
- Go to “Settings” tab and select “Import vCard” option.
- Click “Open” to open the vCard file, and then open the Contacts app on your iPhone, and you should now see your Google contacts listed there.
How to Import & Export Google Contacts to Android Device
To import and export contacts from Gmail to an Android phone, you must follow the given instructions.
Export the Google Contacts to an Android Phone
- Log in using with Google account on your Android phone. Go to the Contacts app.
- Enter the menu by clicking the three bars in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Click on “Settings” option.
- Scroll to the bottom and select “Export” option.
- Provide permission for to media access your data if necessary.
- After clicking the export option, then it will ask for your Google mail id to export the contact list.
- You can select which Gmail id is linked with the contact list.
- By pressing the three lines in the top-left corner of the screen, you may save your contacts into the download folder, file name as contacts.vcf and then press “Save” button.
- You can see a short pop-up notification telling you that your contacts will be exported “shortly“.
Import the Google Contacts to Android Phone
- Launch the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Go to the Password & Accounts option. Click on it if the Google account is already connected to your phone. Then, if you want to sync contacts from a new Google account.
- On the next page, select ‘Account sync‘ option and turn on the toggle to ‘Contacts’ option.
- Touch the three-dot symbol at the top and choose ‘Sync now‘ option.
- Give time for the contacts to sync. Next, open your phone’s Contacts app, and you’ll see the Google contacts there.
- Google contacts will now be synced to your phone.
- Return to the Homepage and swipe up to copy your contacts from the SIM card.
- Choose the ‘Contacts‘ option and then click the ‘Menu‘ button.
- Click on ‘Settings‘ and scroll down and click ‘Import’ option.
- Choose a SIM card and press OK, then import the Google contacts to your Android phone.
How to Upload or Restore Google Contacts
You can upload or restore Google Contacts easily for follow given below step by step instructions.
- To start, open the Settings app on your smartphone.
- Then you must sign in and go to the Google account.
- You need to choose to Restore contacts from the “Services” menu.
- If you’re using different Google Accounts, click from account to select which account’s contacts to recover.
- Next, click the phone having the contacts you want to copy.
- You must disable SIM card or device storage if you do not want to transfer contacts from your SIM card or phone storage.
- Check to view “Contacts restored” before clicking the ‘Restore’ option.
- Your phone only restores contacts that it does not already have to avoid duplicates. Your recovered contacts link with your existing Google Account as well as other devices.
- Now your Google contacts will be restored.
How to Transfer Google Contacts to another Google Account
Transfer Google Contacts from one Google account to another account for follow the given instructions.
- You must open the Google Contacts app on your phone.
- Open the application’s sliding menu and select the ‘Settings’ option.
- Choose the ‘Export’ option in the new tab that opens to store the Google contacts in the phone’s storage.
- Sign out of your previous account and sign in to the new account to which you want to move your contacts. To access the settings option, click on the ‘Import‘ option.
- You need to import the contacts that are being saved in a file format from the storage. The contacts will be easily shared between those Google Accounts.
How to Delete Google Contacts
There are multiple ways available to delete or erase google contacts permanently, by following above any method every user can view, import, export, and download along with deleting their contacts saved in google contacts. Here we have shared a simple method to delete google contacts from contacts.google.com in a simple manner.
- Must log in to contacts.google.com.
- Now you have seen a list of contacts saved in your google account.
- Select one of the contacts to delete single contact.
- To delete multiple contacts select one by one, or if you want to delete all contacts select all.
- Deleted all selected contacts by selecting the trash option located on the three dots on the top bar.
That’s it you will successfully be deleted or cleared single or multiple contacts from your google account. Please note, the modified contacts will be synced to all devices associated with the account automatically.
Is it possible to transfer contacts between two Gmail accounts?
Yes, you may export and transfer Gmail contacts to other Gmail accounts or even other email services.
How much time is required to transfer Google Contacts from one Gmail account to another?
This doesn't take a long time to finish your contact transfer. Anything between 5 and 15 minutes should work.
Is it easy to transfer Gmail Contacts to a mobile device?
Yes, even if you don't have access to a computer right now, you can use Gmail contacts to transfer your contacts from your smartphone.