The Google Maps Journey time feature advises you when to go to be on time, the traffic jams, the shortest route, and any roadblocks. Once set, you may access this information with a couple of clicks. Instead, if you have a Google Assistant-enabled smart home device. Setting up navigation to one of your preferred places in Google Maps, such as your home or workplace address, is much easier.
Simply say, “Hey, Google, take me home” and Google Maps should handle the rest. To stop the navigation and return to the default map display on Google Maps, simply tell Google assistant to exit navigation.
Google Take Me Home
“Google Take Me Home” is a voice command that you can use to request Google Maps directions to your house. This is suitable for both Android and iPhone smart phones. This voice command will perform as long as your device has Google Assistant installed. Once you say this command, Google Assistant will open Google Maps and guide you to your house.
If you want to get started with Google Maps, simply say “Hey, Google, start Google Maps” The assistant should then open the application and display the default map view. To add a new destination, simply say, Hey, Google, set Google Maps to travel to their address. Google Assistant should then ask you for permission before setting a new address for navigation.
How to Use Google Take Me home
This voice command is taken out by Google Assistant and may be used once a Google Maps home address is set or edited in Google Maps. You can use Google take me home to follow the below steps.
- Open the Google Assistant application and long-press the home button on your Android or iPhone.
- Choose Location from the Settings menu.
- Just speak the words ‘Google Take Me Home’ or ‘Take Me Home Google’ when the microphone option displays.
- Google Assistant will open Google Maps and tell you directions to your pre-planned home location.
- Now, you can reach your address by using this Google take me home.
How to Setup Navigate Me Home in Google Maps
You need to set up navigate me home in Google Maps, you’ll need to enter your address into the Google Maps schedule. You must follow the below instructions.
- Open Google Maps on your smartphone.
- In the upper-left corner, click the Google Maps logo.
- The set location may be found in the open Home heading.
- Enter your address and then choose the right address from the drop-down list.
- Google Maps navigates you back to the previous menu.
- Set your work location by clicking Set location under the Work header.
- Enter your address and then choose the right address from the drop-down option.
- Google Maps may request that you verify your address. To proceed, verify the address and press the done button.
How the “Hey Google, Take Me Home” feature works
Hey Google, take me home is a Google Assistant voice command that launches the Google Maps app and starts a route to your home address. You need to follow the below steps.
- First, Open the Google Assistant app on your smartphone.
- Then, choose if you want Google Assistant to save details about your contacts from signed-in devices.
- After, choose “Continue” after reading about how Google Associates works with Google Assistant.
- Click the microphone icon, then click “OK” to provide Google Assistant access to your microphone.
- Set your home address and then say “Hey Google, take me home” or “Ok Google, take me home.”
- Google Assistant will launch Google Maps and identify the shortest way home.
How to use “Hey Google, Take Me Home” to find a Route Home through Google Assistant
Before you start planning your route, enter your home and work addresses into Google Maps. If you have already set up these addresses, you may skip these steps. While not required, it is useful for Google Assistant’s voice commands. “Hello Google, take me home‘.
- Locate Google Assistant in the play store, it’s pre-installed in all the latest versions of Android Devices.
- Open the Assistant App and Sign in to your Google account, or when you’re already logged in to another Google app on your phone, choose the account you’d like to use.
- Select if you want to enable Google Assistant to save information about your contacts from signed-in devices on the following page.
- After reading about how Google Associates feature with Google Assistant, press “Continue“.
- To provide Google Assistant access to your microphone, click the microphone icon, then click “OK“.
- If the assistant does not show right away, open the Google Assistant app and press the microphone.
- “Hello Google, take me home” you say to go home, use Google Maps directions.
How Can I Share My Present Location?
There are several methods for sharing your present location. The easiest method to do it, though, is to use Google Maps. You must follow the steps.
- In your settings, enable Location.
- Launch Google Maps.
- When you open the app, it will automatically locate you. At the bottom of the screen, your current location or address will be displayed. Click on the address.
- Choose the Share option.
How Can I Use Google Maps Street View
One of Google Maps' great features is the ability to see it in Street View mode. This lets you get to know your surroundings in more detail thanks to improved street imaging.
What is the Difference Between the Current and Live Locations?
The primary distinction between the current and live locations is straightforward. When you submit your current location, you will only be giving the address of the location you are presently at. If, on the other side, you share your current location, the location you shared will be constantly updated based on the place you are right now.