You may now modify your outgoing messages on WhatsApp in case you make a mistake or simply change your mind. We’re thrilled to give you greater control over your discussions, whether it be to fix a tiny typo or provide additional information.
All you have to do to edit a sent message is long-press on it for up to 15 minutes and select Edit from the menu. Edited messages will have an edit icon next to them, letting the people you’re contacting know about the adjustment without displaying the edit history.
WhatsApp Edit Message Feature
The option to modify texts has finally been made available on WhatsApp. Despite spending a few months in beta, this function is now open to all users. Simply long-press on a message to amend it and choose “Edit.” After making your modifications, click “Send.” The message will be identified as having been changed so the recipient is aware of the change.
- Observe the following while using the edit message feature:
- Only 15 minutes after sending a message may it be edited.
- The edited messages will be labeled “Edited” for the receiver.
- Messages that have been forwarded or answered cannot be changed.
- Both the desktop client and online version of WhatsApp lack the ability to modify messages.
How To Edit WhatsApp Messages?
It’s really easy to change a message you’ve sent on WhatsApp now that the capability is fully supported rather than being in development.
- You may see the steps below after the functionality has been enabled on your account.
- Open WhatsApp and navigate to the conversation where you submitted the message you wish to change.
- Click and hold the message.
- Then Press the Edit option.
- Edit the message as necessary.
- To save your modifications, tap done.
How to edit sent messages on WhatsApp
If you want to edit a message that has already been sent, you must have the most recent version of WhatsApp installed. The following measures should be taken after you obtain the most recent version:
- Open the WhatsApp conversation containing the message you wish to change.
- Tap the message you wish to modify several times.
- There will be a menu. Click “Edit.”
- Make the message modifications that you desire.
- To send a message, click “Send.”
- Your modifications will be reflected in the message. A notification indicating the message has been modified will be visible to the recipient.
How To Delete WhatsApp Messages
Use these procedures to erase WhatsApp messages:
- On your computer, launch the WhatsApp app or Web WhatsApp at https://web.whatsapp.com.
- Find the message you wish to remove from the conversation by going there.
- You may remove a message by tapping and holding it. As a result, the message will be highlighted, and a menu will appear at the top of the screen.
- Choose “Delete” from the menu options. You might need to press the trash can symbol on some smartphones instead.
- Depending on your preference, the message can be deleted simply for you or everyone in the conversation. Based on your preferences, select the suitable one.
- If you choose “Delete for Me,” the message will only be removed from your computer; other chat participants can still see it.
- When you choose “Delete for Everyone,” the message will be erased from your device as well as the devices of the receivers. You should be aware that you can only remove messages for specific people within a certain amount of time.
- You can only remove messages for yourself beyond that point.
- By pressing the “Delete” button, you may confirm your action.
Can you change a WhatsApp message sent?
If you wish to modify a message, long-press it. Tap the pencil from the toolbar above on an Android device. Choose Edit from the drop-down menu that displays on iOS. The sent message can now be changed.
How can I change a sent message on WhatsApp for Android?
1. Open a conversation in WhatsApp on your Android phone, then long-press a sent message to select it.
2. Next, choose “Edit” from the pop-up menu by tapping the “three dots” symbol in the upper right corner of the screen.
What goes on when I use the “Delete for Everyone” function to delete a message?
A message will be deleted from the conversation for all recipients when you use the “Delete for Everyone” function. They will notice a statement stating that the message was erased in place of the original message. It's important to note that even if you delete a message, the receivers may have already viewed it or saved it before you did.