Now and then we lose or misplace some of our valuable things such as Debit or Credit cards, money valet, AirPods etc. Among these, there are some which we cannot track and which we can trace. Luckily we have the opportunity to trace our lost or misplaced Airpods.
How to Find AirPods
There is an important feature which can track it, named the Find My feature, by using can identify the location of misplaced pair or a single AirPods with a connected Bluetooth and connect AirPods to the Find My app.
How to Find AirPods Using Your iPhone
Finding procedure by using Find My app feature on your iPhone.
- Activate your iPhone and activate the Find My app.
- ‘Find My‘ is a default undeleted app that comes along with your If you are not able to find it, then type “Find My” in the search bar at the above screen by swiping it down on your home screen.
- After that, follow to the lower of the screen to touch the Devices.
- Later, from the Devices list, pick your AirPods.
- If you cannot find it, roll up or swipe to see all your Apple devices.
- Then have a look on the map to see the area where your AirPods were connected last time. Then, the closest street address will be seen under your AirPods name.
Note: You can just only find their last used place, in case your AirPods lost connection or are out of battery charge.
How to Find AirPods Using Find My App
When you lost the AirPods related to different versions like AirPods 1, AirPods 2, AirPods 3, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max, you can trace them using the Apple iPhone Find My feature.
The tracing method of your lost or misplaced AirPods.
- Activate the iPhone Find My app and follow the Devices tab.
- Follow the displayed list of devices.
- On the real-time map, touch on the AirPods or tap the icon of the AirPods.
- Choose the Play Sound feature and tap on it.
- Then, you may hear the sound playing on your AirPods or go for the Directions feature so that you can find your way to the location of your AirPods.
How to Enable Lost Mode on Your AirPods
By putting on the Lost Mode feature in your devices, Messages can be sent through phone number or email address when someone stolen to the AirPods belonging to 3rd generation like AirPods Pro and AirPods Pro belonging to 2nd generation, or AirPods Max.
- Active your iPhone and activate the Find My app.
- Then follow to tap on Devices.
- Later, choose the AirPods name that belongs to you.
- After that, choose Activate under Mark As Lost by rolling up from the lower of your screen.
- Then follow to tap the Continue button.
- Later type your phone number or email address and tap on the Next button.
- The other users call or text you when they find your AirPods.
- Lastly, tap the slider next to Notify When it is seen tap Activate feature.
- Then you will be notifying the slider changing to green.
Note: Please keep in your mind that, turning off Lost Mode in the Find My app when you found your AirPods.
How to Find Lost AirPods on a Web Browser using iCloud.com/find?
Find the Location of your lost or misplaced AirPods from a computer utilizing iCloud if you not using any iOS device. By following these under given you can find your lost or misplaced AirPods.
- Log in or Sign in with your Apple ID Go to https://iCloud.com/find.
- Hit on Find or search AirPods.
- Pick All Devices by signing in again.
- Pick your AirPods name which belongs to you.
- Then the present location, or last known location used of your AirPods is shown on a map.
How to Locate AirPods on a Map
If you’ve lost or misplaced your AirPods, you might be able to find AirPods when you lost or misplaced, if you use the Find My app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac and have your AirPods connected with one of these devices like AirPods of 3rd generation, AirPods Pro and AirPods Pro of 2nd generation, or AirPods Max.
Find the following steps to Locate AirPods on a Map.
- Activate your device and activate the Find My app.
- Pick the “Devices” option on the lower screen.
- Identify the name of your AirPods on the listed devices.
- Finally, touch on your AirPods belonging to you to see their location area on a map.
Note: In case your AirPods are out of limited distance or offline, you can find the last location used by your AirPods.
How to Make Lost AirPods Play a Sound
Play a sound, if your AirPods are closer to any devices and connected with Bluetooth, then it will help you to find out your AirPods.
- Activate the Find My App on your iPhone.
- Choose the Devices tab.
- Then tap on your AirPods belonging from the shown list.
- Then play noisy music that becomes bigger slowly by taping on Play Sound.
Note: In advance, before you play a sound; you should verify that your ears don’t have the AirPods in or on.
What to Do if You Can’t Locate Lost AirPods
Misplacing or losing the AirPods and the AirPods Pro is quite regular and it can be very hard to fining them and that too they are very small in size. But, now need not worry because the Find My app will give a solution for this task.
The following process may help you to find your AirPods even if you don’t locate the area.
- Activate the Find My app on your device.
- Then tap on Devices and choose your AirPods.
- Then choose the Play Sound feature or the Directions feature in search of one of the earbuds.
- Replace the earbud in the charging case and look for the map to refresh.
- If the map fails in search of earbuds, just restart the Find My app.
- Whenever found the location of the earbuds, then Play a Sound or follow the Directions feature again to find it.
Note: Consider each AirPod as an individual device.
Is it possible to find dead and offline AirPods
Yes, it is possible to find the dead and offline AirPods by using the Find My App and it shows the last used place of your AirPods.
- Activate your iPhone and activate the Find My app.
- Choose the Devices tab, and after that choose the AirPods name.
- Then verify the battery percentage and last place used for your AirPods.
How Can I find my AirPods if they're in their case
You can find the AirPods Max by using the Find My app for 18 hours while in their charging case.
At what distance the AirPods can be Tracked
You can find your AirPods according to the range of connected Bluetooth. And the range should be 30 feet of misplaced or stolen Airpods.