Sometimes we are concerned about our family members or friends and where they are while travelling and also staying far away from. But now there is no more concern about our family members or friends because there is an app called Find My Friends, which makes it easier to find out the location whether they are in school or travelling or far away from you.
This app is a mobile tracking app and service for iOS devices. By using this app you can trace out Kids, friends, and family members and also the same for the employees, without them being observed they are being tracked. Also, you can track the location, share the location and more features.
Find My Friends
Find My Friends is an app which makes you track the user’s location, and other people’s location, sharing the location of friends and family members using your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Just download and install the app and share your location with your friends by picking from your available contacts, inserting their email addresses or using AirDrop or phone numbers.
How to Set Up Find My Friends
Follow the following guidelines to set up the Find My Friends app.
- Move to Settings to set up the Find My Friends app and then hit on the Privacy feature.
- Next, follow the screen to tap on Location Services, and be sure that location services are put on.
- Then move to the feature, Find Friends in the apps menu beneath Location Services, and choose While Using it.
- Then turn back to your home screen by pressing the Home button, and knocking on the Find My Friends app.
- Finally, when you’ve located and opened the app, you should find some of your preferred phone numbers have already existed. If it does not exist, you may add users newly.
How to Add Friends in Find My Friends
Look down for the instructions to add friends in the Find My Friends app.
- Open the Find My Friends app and hit on the Add which is located in the above right corner.
- Enter the name of the person and choose the contact or phone number and knock on send option.
- Pick the option on how long you would like to share your location with your friend.
- Then you will observe a notification that you are present sharing your own location with your friend.
- Lastly, knock on the OK button which appears on the screen.
How to Use Find My Friends on iPhone and iPad?
Have an observation of the following steps to Use Find My Friends on iPhone and iPad.
- Launch the Find My application on your friend’s iOS devices iPhone and iPad.
- Then hit on the Me tab, if it isn’t previously chosen in the app.
- Use your finger on the pill-shaped drag handle, and fetch the Me tab up over the map to expose the extra options.
- Next, go with the Help a Friend option at the bottom of the Me tab.
- When the iCloud.com web page has loaded, log in to your iCloud account by giving your own Apple ID and password.
How to Locate your Friends and Family using Google Maps
Have a look at the following steps to locate your Friends and Family using Google Maps.
- First, open the Google Maps app on your device and be sure that you are logged in with the Google account that is linked with the shared location.
- Next, tap on the three horizontal lines which are usually called menu icons located in the above-left corner of the app to open the side menu.
- Then after, hit on “Location sharing” or “Share location” in the side menu which depends on the version of the app.
- After that, you will find a number of people who have already shared their location with you.
- Later, knock on the person’s name whose location you are required to see.
- Hereafter display their location on Google Maps.
- Then real-time location will be shown and also shows their updated last time location.
- Finally, by knocking on the “Share your location” or its equal option in the same menu to share your own location with them.
- Note: Make sure that your friends and family members have set shared their location with you and given you permission to see it.
How to Share Your Location with Others on iPhone Using Find My Friends iOS App
Find the following steps to share your location with others on your iPhone using the Find My App.
- Firstly, to share your location with others on iPhone or iPad open the Find My app and then go to the People tab.
- Later follow the Add button in the People tab and then go with the Share My Location feature on the displayed screen.
- After that, type the n phone number or name of the person that you would like to share your location with then choose the send button.
- Hereafter, pick the timing feature about sharing location for One Hour, tail end of the day, or Share continuously without break.
How to Track Your Kids with the iPhone “Find My Friends” App?
The following steps are useful to track your kids with the iPhone Find My Friends app.
- Firstly, put on the feature “Find My Friends” app on the target iPhone and follow to open the Family Link app.
- Next, knock on Location on the screen and select the name of your child.
- Later notice at the top right screen and hit on More Location settings.
- Then after, follow the feature about choosing the name of your child’s device.
- Finally, put on Location Accuracy or High Accuracy to track your child or kid.
How to Share Your Location With Others on iPhone
By following the steps, you can share your location with others.
- At the beginning, on your iPhone, tap on the “Find My” app then knock on the People tab feature located at the lower of the screen.
- After that, knock on the “Share My Location” option on the appeared screen.
- Later, pick the phone number or contact you would like to share your location from your contacts list.
- Hereafter, pick the feature about how long time you want to share your location.
- Then pick available options like one hour, end of the day, or indefinitely.
- Besides that, you can also pick to enable “Share My Location” notifications to receive alerts when a person comes or go to that particular location.
- Next, hit on the “Send” option to share your location with the picked phone number or with contact.
- Lastly, the person you send share your location with will get a notification on their iPhone and can observe your location in the Find My app.
Turn on Tracking
The following instruction will lead you to turn on tracking.
- On your device, open the Find My Friends app.
- Sign in with the account-related information with the Find My Friends app.
- Then follow to tap on allow location access feature or Grant any necessary permissions option.
- Later, go with the app settings to find “Share My Location” or another equal option.
- Then tap on the switch to allow sharing your location with friends or for your particular contacts.
Locate Family and Friends
The below instructions will help you to locate your family and friends.
- First, tap to open the Find My Friends app on your iPhone and follow the People option at the lower left of the screen.
- Then the people option will display the family members who are sharing their locations with you.
- Finally, tap on your family member’s name to view their location.
Share Your Location
The below instructions will lead you to share your location.
- Activate your iPhone and open the ‘Find My‘ or ‘Find My Friends‘ app.
- Then knock on the People feature which is displayed on the lower of the screen, and then tap on the Start Sharing Location button.
- Later pick a contact or phone number under Share My Location to share your location.
- Finally, pick the feature about how long you want to share your location with others like indefinitely or one hour, or till the end of the day.
Share Location With Contacts
Follow these instructions to share your location with others.
- Activate the ‘Find My‘ or ‘Find My Friends‘ app on your device.
- Then find the Contacts or Phone Numbers tab in the app.
- Next, look about the person you would like to share your location with and knock on the phone number or contact.
- Finally hit on the “Share My Location” feature and then follow the feature how long you want your location to be displayed.
Stop Sharing Location
Observe the following guidelines to stop sharing locations.
- First, open the Find My Friends app on your device.
- Next, go to the People tab at the lower of the screen to choose the name of the person.
- Later, hit on the name of the person you do not like to share your location with.
- Then knock on the Stop Sharing My Location feature on the displayed screen to Stop Sharing Location.
Find a Lost Apple Device
Observe the following steps to find a lost Apple device.
- Activate the Find My app and pick the Devices tab or the Items tab on the displayed screen.
- Then follow to choose your missing device or item.
- Later, move down to choose Mark As Lost or Lost Mode and pick Activate or Enable.
- Next, observe the onscreen guidelines to show contact information about your missing device or item and then tap on activate feature.
How to Fix Find My Friends No Location Found Issue
The following guidelines will lead you to fix find my friends no location found issue.
- On your own device, follow to open the Settings app feature.
- Then go down to pick the Privacy & Security option on the screen.
- Knock on the Location Services and then locate the Find My app.
- Then try to enter the main interface of Find My to modify the location settings and permit apps to use your particular location.
Does Find My Friend's location work in all kinds of Androids?
This Find My Friends feature facility will not be available in all kinds of Androids but is only available for iOS devices like iPhones or iPad. Find My Friends is a location-sharing app, that only cooperates with iOS devices.
What is the reason that 'No location was found' on Find My Friends?
Naturally, when a phone is not accessed with Wi-Fi or No signals then it displays this kind of information “No Location Found”. When your device connected back with the connection then it shows back the track location on your device
Can I track my friend’s location when the Phone is Switched off?
In such cases, It is not possible to track when the phone is in the mode of switched off. Because the cell towers will not get any signals while the phone is in off mode, and it shows the last tracked location when you switch on the phone.