Staying in touch with friends and family is quite popular. It’s normal to delete an essential text message from your iPhone when spring cleaning the inbox among the barrage of texts you get. Fortunately, there are methods for recovering lost text messages on iPhones.
Is it Possible to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on iPhone?
In iOS 16, you no longer have to depend on a backup to recover deleted texts. Only texts and chats deleted during the past 30 to 40 days are recoverable. You cannot recover a deleted message if you do not update to iOS 16, iPadOS 16, or later.
How to Find Deleted Messages on iPhone
Recovering lost or deleted text messages is simple, but you must know where to go. Deleted text messages may be retrieved in the Messages app starting with iOS 16.
- Using your iPhone, tap the Messages App.
- When it first appears, press the Filters button in the upper-left corner.
- There are choices for All Messages, Known Senders, and Unread Messages here. To recover lost messages, however, select the Recently Deleted tab.
- The number of contacts and messages deleted are displayed on the Recently Deleted screen. It also displays the number of days till the file is permanently deleted.
What to do to Retrieve Deleted iCloud Text Messages
The procedures to restore lost text messages on your iPhone using an iCloud backup are outlined below.
- Go to Settings to choose your Apple ID profile from the drop-down menu at the top.
- Just go to iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups and then choose the backup that was taken before the date that you deleted the text messages you wish to retrieve.
- Scroll to the bottom to check the message’s backup and verify that it is displayed with some data.
- You must now restart your iPhone. This will delete all saved information and data. You should thus only continue if those are included in the backup copy of your deleted emails.
- Just go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Cleaning All Content and Settings if you’re confident.
- Once the iPhone restart, it takes some time to return to normal operation. You’ll then be given the choice of whether you want to recover from a backup. From that, select the appropriate backup.
Restore from your PC to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on your iPhone
iBackup Extractor can save or print your deleted messages to your PC. It will not recover your iPhone’s messages.
- Install and use the iBackup Extractor on your PC or Mac.
- Must choose the backup that you need to be using.
- Then choose “Messages” and then choose the appropriate chat.
- Convert the messages as a PDF file or print them immediately.
- iBackup Extractor can recover SMS, MMS, iMessage, and WhatsApp messages from your iPhone backup.
- It will preserve your text, photographs, and information, such as the date and time of delivery.
Alternatives to Retrieve Deleted Messages on iPhone
If the previous techniques do not work, we may use software to recover lost text messages on iPhone. Disk Drill iPhone Recovery is a data recovery software tool that enables us to recover erased text messages, even if they have been erased from our iPhone or if we do not have a backup.
- Disk Drill may be downloaded and installed on your computer.
- Start a scan by connecting your iPhone to your computer and choosing the device to search for.
- This entire process will require you to connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Once the scan is finished, you will be sent to a page that displays all of the data that Disk Drill was able to recover from your iPhone.
- Choose Messages to see the text messages recovered by Disk Drill. In this example, we’ll simply look at text messages, but you can also recover deleted contacts, calendar appointments, bookmarks, movies, and many other items.
- We may locate deleted text messages on iPhones after we go to the recovered text messages page. You may search for messages on your iPhone in the top right-hand corner.
- Choose the text messages you want to recover, then click the blue Recover button in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
- We will be able to retrieve text messages from iPhones on PCs as a result of this.
- Choose a location for Disk Drill to recover lost text messages from your iPhone.
- After successfully recovering data, you will receive a confirmation message indicating that the recovery is complete, and you will be able to see the text messages in Finder.
Is it possible to view someone's deleted texts on an iPhone?
The fact is that texts on the iPhone are not removed. Even when you erase messages from your iPhone, Apple's iOS software saves them. Spotlight Search is the simplest approach to recovering lost texts on your iPhone or iPad.
Is it possible to view deleted texts on an iPhone without iCloud?
As such, with PhoneRescue for iOS downloaded, you may retrieve irreversibly lost texts on your iPhone without using iCloud or a backup. Because the Messaging app is one of your most often used iPhone applications, it may include some important text messages and iMessages that you wish to keep forever.
How can I know that somebody is monitoring my iPhone text messages?
When you text someone who has Read Receipts enabled, you'll see the term “Read” beneath your message as well as the time it was opened. To enable Read Receipts in the iMessage app, go to Settings, scroll down, and select Messages. Turn on Send Read Receipts. These methods are also applicable to Macs and iPads.
Is it possible to recover lost iPhone texts without using iCloud?
Yet, with PhoneRescue for iOS installed, you may recover permanently deleted messages on your iPhone without depending on iCloud or a backup. Because the Messaging app is one of your most often used iPhone applications, it may include some important text messages and iMessages that you wish to keep forever.