Apple’s extremely popular Bluetooth-enabled wireless headphones or headsets are called AirPods. Their creation was planned to be connected with additional products from Apple, like the iPhone and iPad, being an Apple product. However, they are also compatible or accessible or suitable with alternative non-Apple offerings, like smartphones running on Android.
However, Siri is not functional when you pair AirPods with smartphones that run Android, the remainder of the functionality remains usable, and the wireless headphones can be utilized as an additional pair of Bluetooth headphones that might be worn to make hands-free phone calls and broadcast or stream audio from the smartphone.
Even so, when combining AirPods with Android smartphones, there is an ongoing or persistent problem with the volume settings. This article will discuss the root of this problem and a more straightforward fix so you can enjoy hearing music, podcasts, and phone calls at whatever pitch volume you choose.
How to adjust the Volume on AirPods by iPhone or iPad?
- Ensure your AirPods are functioning and associated or connected to your gadget.
- Access Settings over Accessibility in addition to AirPods on your iPad or iPhone.
- Once deciding on your AirPods, pick the Tone Volume option.
- Press Audio Accessibility Settings to access more options or possibilities or features, particularly Headphone Accommodations or Arrangements. Consider AirPods headphone accommodations established.
How to adjust the Volume on AirPods by Mac?
- On a computer running a Mac, You can control the volume by tapping the volume up key on the keyboard.
- Pulling the slider to the right after pressing the volume indicator or controller in the menu bar is another option.
How to adjust the Volume on AirPods with Siri?
Implementing Siri is the easiest and most convenient method of altering the volume on your AirPods. If you want to turn the sound volume upward or downward, reply with an aspect like, “Hey Siri, turn the volume up/down,” and it will make handling it.
On the other hand, you have to turn on voice commands, speaking commands, or microphone functionality on your iPhone or iPad for this method of operation to work effectively. Implement the directions below for performing so:
- Switch on the possibility or option to hear the sound for “Hey Siri” by navigating to Siri & Search in the Settings application on your iPhone.
- As a hands-free work experience, switch on Allow Siri Whenever Locked, which is experimental or optional but highly recommended.
- Alongside ordinary volume upward and downward commands, Siri also replies to more particularity, proficient commands, such as those requiring a particular proportion or percentage of volume adjustment. You might say, “Please, Siri, increase the volume up by 40%,” as a case in point.
- Integrating the instructions for play and volume into one command is another innovative strategy or technique. In this instance, you might speak to Siri, “Hey Siri, run Sour by Olivia Rodrigo on Spotify at the highest volume.”
How to adjust the volume on the AirPods Pro?
Using the preamble of AirPods Pro 2 released several additional features and the swiping gesticulation or gestures to be in charge of media volume. The AirPods Pro 2’s swipe gesture or motion works on all Apple devices, including the iPad, Mac, iPhone, Apple Watch, and Apple TV. Furthermore, the motion or gesture also functions with Windows and Android.
The AirPods Pro 2’s control buttons can adjust the volume or loudness in several ways.
- Link your device’s Pro version of the AirPods pair with it.
- If you want to boost or increase or decrease the sound quality, carefully scroll between upward and downward motions on the upper part of the left or right AirPod.
How to adjust the Volume on the AirPods Max?
The AirPods Max differs from the earlier models in that you may adjust the volume level without applying any of the previously mentioned methods. Using their Digital Crown, this has been rendered affordable.
All that remains to perform to correct or fix the volume reduction problems with AirPods Max is to turn the crown in a clockwise direction or reverse order. Thus, rotating it in the opposite direction will bring the sound levels lower.
Apple enables users to alter the direction of spinning or rotation when controlling the sound volume if that appears a bit more natural.
- Pick Bluetooth connectivity in the Settings preferences menu.
- Press and hold the “i” button or symbol on the display next to your AirPods Max.
- Push the Digital Crown.
- Find one of the options provided according to “Increase Volume By Rotating.”
How to Make AirPods Louder on Android
Here are different methods for strengthening your AirPods on the Android operating system.
- Update Bluetooth’s audio codec: Android Smartphones automatically send or transmit audio recordings to Bluetooth devices by employing the Stereo Bluetooth Converter (SBC) codec. SBC is not possibly the most practical codec yet, which can sometimes contribute to a lower volume. To achieve a superior quality of sound and volume, you may attempt converting the device’s Bluetooth sound codec to AAC or LDAC, which are better-performing codecs.
- Turn off Dolby Atmos in the background: Your AirPods’ sound can occasionally be reduced by the stereo sound system Dolby Atmos that comes with them. Go to Settings in addition to Sound and Vibration. Then follow Dolby Atmos and shut the functionality disconnected.
- Turn off Maximum or Absolute Volume: Absolute Volume prevents the Android system from overriding or controlling an application’s loudness or volume settings preferences. As a consequence of this, your AirPods’ loudness can sometimes get minimized. Navigate to Settings in addition to Developer Options and switch off Disable Absolute Volume to deactivate Absolute Volume.
- Obtain or Download an equalizer or loudness booster app: You can increase or boost the sound quality of your AirPods on Android using the support of several kinds of apps developed by third parties. Equaliser FX and Volume Booster Pro are a couple of frequently encountered choices.
- Modifying the equalizer’s settings or characteristics: The most common way to set up the sound volume on the AirPods you’re using on Android is simple. Activate Equaliser by accessing Settings in addition to Sound and Notifications. Then go to Audio Effects. The initial settings can then be updated depending on what you prefer.
- You must understand that these are essentially a few general pointers compared and that your overall experience will also depend on your smartphone’s Android operating system and which application you are using. For further assistance, if you’re continuing to experience trouble obtaining the AirPods to play loud enough, you might need to make a request in communication with the developer of your smartphone or tablet running Android.
Below are a few further recommendations that might benefit you in setting up the sound level on your AirPods for the Android platform.
- Improve the AirPods’ configuration or firmware.
- Your smartphone or tablet with Android should restart it.
- AirPods ought to get rebooted.
- Check again that the AirPods you’re using are in the ear canals appropriately.
- Ensure your AirPods’ tips that connect to your ears are fresh.
How to Fix Low Volume on AirPods to Make Them Louder?
Almost all of these troubleshooting procedures for AirPods are simple to follow. Review every one of them to determine if it addresses your audio difficulties. Otherwise, continue with the subsequently expected workaround.
Using the following instructions could assist you in boosting those AirPods’ volume or sound.
- Disable the Low Power setting: Your AirPods might weaken, especially in reduced power mode. Navigate to Settings in addition to Battery and set off Low Power mode to switch off Low Power mode.
- Control or Calibrate the sound volume: The steps listed below can be implemented to customize the audio quality on AirPods Pro.
- Verify the device’s volume or loudness: Always ensure the speaker volume is highest on your iPad, Mac, or iPhone. Try modifying the level of sound on the AirPods you have through the control buttons.
- Perform a charge check to determine if your AirPods are fully powered: Your AirPods might become quieter if you have a discharged or low battery. Raise the volume twice after refuelling your AirPods for no fewer than a couple of hours.
- Position the AirPods Pro in the middle of your ears.
- Find Audio under Settings in addition to Accessibility and tap on AirPods.
- Press Noise Control Adjustment of Calibration.
- Proceed with the on-screen recommendations.
- AirPods should be rebooted: Reset your AirPods if you’ve tried all recommended above and they’ve remained too quiet for your liking. Perform the following directions to reset your AirPods to factory settings.
- Deactivate or Switch off the equalizer’s settings: If you use them, try to disable the equalizer settings on your mobile device. Your AirPods’ provided or built-in equalizer includes options that might make audio sound muted or quieter.
- Set up the wireless charging case with your AirPods in the interior.
- To make the flashing light glow amber, keep pressing and holding the button on the inner side of the protective cover for at least 15 seconds at a time.
- Press the button back in.
- It will reboot the AirPods you’re wearing.
- If you’ve explored all of the suggestions above and your AirPods persist in being excessively quiet, you may request to contact Apple Customer Care for additional guidance.
Listed below are some additional implications.
- The surroundings that you’ve been in might be having a direct effect on the sound volume of your AirPods. This means that your AirPods might require to be switched up more strongly if the surrounding area is crowded and if you are interested in being audible.
- The audio quality or volume of your AirPods may additionally fluctuate depending on the angle of curvature of your ears. The AirPods you are using might fail to fit as snugly or firmly if the ear canals are small in size, resulting in a lowered loudness.
- Something could be making the AirPods you use sound muted if you upgraded your iPhone or iPad. Attempt to update your handheld device to the latest and most recent version of iOS or iPadOS if you’ve performed the above suggestions and the AirPods you’re using remain too silent.
Is there a hands-free method for modifying the sound or volume level on the AirPods?
If your subsequent or second generations of AirPods or AirPods Pro have been effectively associated with your iPhone, use a Siri AirPod voice request command like “Hey Siri, let's make the volume greater.”
I encounter an issue with the AirPod volume with the Music app. How can I customize it better?
There could be some issues with some settings in the app that comes with Apple Music. Double-check that Sound Check and EQ are deactivated switched off, or disabled by establishing Settings beyond Music.
I'm still having trouble with AirPods that seem excessively silent. What exactly do I need to do?
Request an appointment or a time slot at the Apple Store or contact the support team at Apple. The AirPods could have become cracked or destroyed, or faulty. Include an explanation of the troubleshooting techniques or approaches you have attempted.