Indian Railways has introduced the facility to transfer train tickets to another passenger’s name if the passenger has confirmed or waiting listed ticket. Passengers or travellers can now approach the nearest Railway booking office with an Electronic reservation form printout and photo identification to change the name on a reserved ticket.
Proof mentioned in the Electronic reservation slip at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the train as per extant Railway rules is also available on www.indianrail.gov.in under the link Information->Rules->Other Rules->Change in Name.
IRCTC Ticket Transfer
The Passenger who has confirmed or RAC/Waiting listed ticket can transfer to another passenger of their family, office colleague and etc. To transfer the IRCTC Train Ticket the passenger submits a written request to the nearest Railway Reservation office 24 hours well before the planned departure of the train.
By using the facility the passenger can be passed to another member of his family, which includes his father, mother, siblings and office colleagues (if they have booked the ticket for office purposes).
The train ticket can be transferred to his/he must produce a printout of the ‘Electronic Reservation Slip,’ as well as a picture ID and evidence of blood relation to be updated.
How to Transfer IRCTC Train Ticket to Another Person
Only the Sr.Divisional Commercial Manager of the concerned division can change the reservation name. In case of non-availability of Sr.Divisional Commercial Manager post, change of name in reservation shall be allowed 24 hours prior to schedule as per rules along with documents tendered by the party on written request by Divisional Commercial Manager of concerned Division. The departure of the train under the following circumstances.
- Go to the window of the Reservation Centre, give the receipt and a copy of your ticket, and they will do some more formalities, and stamp your ticket.
- Change in name will appear only in the Chart that TTE (Ticket Examiner) has, it won’t reflect online.
- To avail of these facilities, users can now contact the nearest reservation office
- With an ‘Electronic Reservation Slip’ printout and photo identity proof
- A passenger travelling on a ticket at least 24 hours prior to the departure of the train as per current railway rules.
IRCTC Ticket Transfer Rules
- A Government servant continuing on duty on delivery of a letter from the appropriate authority.
- Between family members due to unavoidable circumstances, which include his father, mother, and siblings. In this case, no cancellation and reservation charges are refundable. The station manager is entitled to change the reservation subject to the above condition.
- However, in case of a group travelling together, the written request of the party shall be submitted in writing 48 hours before the departure of the train and no change of name exceeding 10% of the total strength of the group shall be permitted/party.
- The Chief Reservation Supervisors of important stations are authorized by the Railway Administration to permit the change of name of a passenger who has reserved a seat or berth in his name under the following circumstances:
- If the passenger is a Government servant, on duty, and duly authorized, the request shall be made in writing 24 hours before the departure of trains.
- The reservation made in his name can be transferred to another member of his family i.e. father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, or son-in-law if the passenger makes a request in writing 24 hours before the departure of the train.
- If the passengers are students of a recognized educational institution and the head of the institution makes a request in writing 48 hours before the departure of the train, the reservation made in the name of any student may be transferred to another student of the same institute.
- Where the passengers are members of a wedding party and any person deemed to be the head of such party shall make the reservation in the name of any member of the wedding party on written request transferable to any other person 48 hours before departure of the train.
- If the passengers are a group of cadets of the National Cadet Corps (NCC) and any officer in charge of the group requests that the reservation made in the name of any cadet be transferred in writing at least 24 hours before the departure of the train. To any other cadet.
For more and additional information please visit https://contents.irctc.co.in/en/changeInNameOnReservedTicket.pdf