Before you can port your new number to Google Fi, you must first port it to a cellular provider. This is due to a Google Fi porting problem that they have not yet fixed. If this page is still up, the problem is still very much active.
Your new number must first be ported to a cellular operator before you may port it to Google Fi. This is because Google Fi still hasn’t addressed a porting issue. If this page is still available, the issue is still very much present.
How to Activate Your Google Fi Service
Google Fi may only be activated and used within the United States (territories included). You may then utilize the Fi service globally. Military and State Department personnel serving overseas are given exclusions.
How to Set up Google Fi on Android Phone
Check to see whether Wi-Fi is active and that your phone is charged.
- Start the Google Fi app after downloading it by visiting https://fi.google.com/app.
- The Google account that you used to purchase your Fi plan must be used to log in.
- Select Continue after being requested to activate.
- When prompted, provide the phone number you’re transferring from another carrier along with any account information that goes with it. Look for your most current bill if you don’t have the information at hand.
How to Set up Google Fi on iPhone
If you haven’t already, register for Google Fi online, making sure to choose a suitable iPhone model after clicking Quick Setup and Get Set Up in 15 minutes.
- The Google Fi iPhone app may be downloaded and launched.
- Tap Get Started after the compatibility tests are complete.
- Log in at https://fi.google.com/ios/quicksetup on a different device. A QR code is something you should get.
- Return to your iPhone and choose Settings > Cellular > Add Cellular Plans.
- Follow the on-screen instructions after scanning the QR code that was provided.
- Select Add Cellular Plan from the menu.
- Following that, navigate to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Network.
- The Cellular Data APN, LTE Setup APN, and MMS APN fields should all include the string “h2g2.” Type https://m.fi.goog/mms/wapenc into the MMSC field. The 23456789 character limit for MMS messages is required. Put h2g2-t in the Personal Hotspot APN field.
- Complete activation by going back to the Google Fi application.
How to Transfer Your Number After Activation
Using the built-in features, you cannot move your Google Fi service to another Google account. To move your phone number to a different Google account, follow these instructions:
- Log in to the Google Fi account you currently have.
- Select the menu option by clicking the top-left menu button on the Google Fi home page.
- Press “Transfer your service” under “Account” after scrolling down.
- The email address of the account to which you want to transfer your service should be entered.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- You can close your previous account after transferring your service.
How to Switch Your Plan on Google Fi
Customers can choose from three different Google Fi plans.
A pay-as-you-go service, the flexible plan has a monthly fee of $20. For those who don’t use the internet frequently and don’t use a lot of data, this is ideal. Furthermore, for any additional data utilized, these consumers just have to pay $10 per GB.
The Simply Unlimited package is the second offering from Google Fi. A person who uses a lot of data will benefit greatly from this Google Fi package. 5GB of tethering data is included, and the monthly fee is $50. It includes unrestricted domestic texting and calling.
Additionally, free international calling from the United States to around 50 nations is included. When traveling internationally, you additionally receive 35GB of high-speed data each month.
The Unlimited Plus package from Google Fi is the third one. Starting at $65 per month, this Google Fi service is affordable. Similar to the Simply Unlimited Plan, but with 50GB of data available instead of 35GB. In addition, it provides limitless tethered data rather than only 5GB.
How to Transfer Your Number to Google Fi
To submit your carrier information, go to the Google Fi page. Your carrier information will already be put on your phone, making activation simpler.
How To Switch From Verizon To Google Fi
- The Verizon phone number you want to move over.
- Name of the owner of the account.
- The account number for Verizon.
- An ordinary 10-digit number is represented as 0000000000.
- The Six digits of your PIN for number transfers.
- Log into your Verizon account or contact customer service if you find this information difficult.
How To Switch From Sprint To Google Fi
- Your desired porting of your Sprint number.
- Identity of the account’s owner.
- Your Sprint account number is often a nine-digit number.
- Your Sprint PIN or password, often between 6 and 10 digits.
- Check your most recent bill or contact Sprint support if you’re having problems locating this information.
How To Switch From AT&T To Google Fi
- Your desired port-out AT&T number.
- Identity of the account’s owner.
- Your wireless AT&T customer number. 8, 9, 10, 12, and 15 digits are acceptable account numbers. 9 or 12 numbers are the most popular.
- The account holder’s Social Security number’s final four digits.
- Your AT&T account PIN may occasionally be required as well.
- To obtain your wireless account number, speak with AT&T support.
How To Switch From T-Mobile To Google Fi
- The T-Mobile number you want to transfer.
- The title of the account owner.
- Their T-Mobile customer account number.
- A postpaid account number is typically 9 digits long, although it can also be 9, 11, 12, or 15.
- Your 11-digit phone number—one plus the area code and the number—is your prepaid account number.
- If you can’t find it, look over your most recent bill or get in touch with T-Mobile support.
How To Switch From Cricket Wireless To Google Fi
The final rival, Cricket Wireless, depends on AT&T as an owned MVNO. Despite being a part of AT&T, Cricket functions as its own network, providing a variety of plans and add-ons to maximize your experience. Cricket More is the top-tier unlimited plan and is also the most costly one that is available. You will receive 15GB of hotspot space in addition to unlimited calls, texts, and data for your money.
Following the More principle, you may only utilize your plan in Canada and Mexico if it represents less than half of your service. Cricket also gives you the option to upgrade to even greater hotspot access or to add calling to certain foreign destinations for a cost.
How to Transfer Your Google Fi Number to a New Carrier
You will require the following information, which varies depending on the provider but is often located on your bill:
- You want to transfer your phone number.
- Account holder’s name.
- Account number with your present provider.
- Passcode or account PIN. Some carriers need this data to confirm that you are the owner of the number. We will only use this information during the transfer. We won’t keep it or use it for anything else.
- Social Security number of the account owner.
- The address used for billing by the account owner.
- Contacts and messages should be ready.
Does Google Fi operate globally?
Google Fi offers worldwide coverage. In more than 200 countries and territories, it provides data and messaging without further charge. Depending on the country you are phoning, different prices apply for international calls.
On Google Fi, what plans are offered?
Unlimited calls and texts are included in the base price of Google Fi's customizable plans. Your plan allows you to increase data at a set cost per GB. For individuals who need a lot of data, Google Fi also has an unlimited option available.
How do I make the change to Google Fi?
Check if your phone is compatible with Google Fi by visiting fi.google.com/compatibility.
Visit fi.google.com and select “Join Fi” to register for Google Fi. To select your plan, purchase a SIM card if necessary, and finish the activation procedure, adhere to the instructions.
You can transfer your current number if you wish to maintain it during the registration procedure.