To get a Google Play refund on any android app for the most part if you just purchased it within 48 hours, it’s more specifically two hours if you want to go do it on your phone itself. But if it’s been past two hours you may still be able to do it by contacting the developer and all that stuff so let’s say you just download an app that you just had to pay for you know any free app you can’t get a refund for because it’s free but for the most part if you just download an app and it’s not functioning properly.
Refunds are available for digital goods just like they are for physical products. It includes applications, games, movies, books, and more through the Google Play Store.
For the various products that it offers, the Google Play Store has a few distinct refund policies. Applications and games can be refunded within 48 hours after purchase. Within 48 hours, digital data, including music, movies, and books, may be returned.
But, getting a refund on an app or game is simplest and quickest if done within two hours after purchase. Remember that you may only get a refund for an app or game once. You will not be able to get your money back if you pay for it again.
Simple ways to get a Refund from the Google Play Store
The simplest method to get a Google Play refund for a recently purchased app or game is to request one straight through the Play Store. The procedure is relatively simple, with no questions asked, but there is a cost. You must act fast.
In reality, you must request a refund within two hours after purchasing the app or game straight from the Play Store app. Following that, you have 48 hours to request one from Google. That may appear quick, but two hours is plenty of time to decide if you’ll use an app or game again. These strategies are also effective for unplanned purchases.
How to Contact Google Support Team to Request a Refund
There are two ways to reach Google to request a Google Play Store refund on a mobile
- If you call Google’s customer-support number, shown here.
- Google Play support contact number # (650) 253-0000.
Note: ‘#’ indicates country code
- You will be contacted with an automated menu system.
- Most of the time, you will hear a recorded voice referring you to a website in an effort to solve your problem.
- In some instances, you may be connected to a human customer service representative, who may help you with your issue.
Google’s online support consists of a collection of articles that address commonly encountered issues.
To access these articles, follow these steps.
- Open your mobile browser and then First, log in to your Google account, and then go to Support.google.com.
- You may either enter a query into the search field or select one of the often frequently common issue topics.
- from the grid of icons below the search bar, choose the Google Play button icon image
- Note that you can also click the little arrow
- under the icon grid to view more additional specific topics.
- Following any of the icon links takes you to a page that lists out many of the more common issues of Google Play refund policy.
How to request for Play.Google.com refund using a Desktop PC/Laptop
- Go to https://play.google.com.
- You may see your profile photo icon at the top right corner, simply click on the icon
- Take attention to Payments & Subscriptions, then Budget & Order History.
- Click on Report a problem for the order you wish to return.
- Choose the one that perfectly represents your issue.
- Fill out the form and confirm your request for a refund.
- Click on submit.
You can also utilize the community forums to post your questions through various threads.
- Choose the symbol for the Google Play product or service on the Support.google.com website and click it. https://support.google.com/googleplay/workflow/9813244?hl=en.
- And click on continue to confirm the Gmail account that you are using at the time of purchase
- On the next page, click the word “Community.”
- Scroll down the page to view a variety of categories with several answers. You can select your relevant common problem that has already been covered in this section.
- To ask a question, scroll down to the bottom of the featured post section and click the blue words “Ask now” to post your query on the ‘Google Play refund policy’ to the community.
How to Check Google Play Refund Status
Check the status of your refund on your Google Payments account if it is taking more time than expected.
- If the status is “Refunded,” you will get a credit on your payment method.
- If a subscription’s status is “Canceled,” the order was never processed, and no charge will appear on your payment method.
While subscriptions can be cancelled immediately, money refunds typically take 7-10 business days.
If 7-10 business days have passed, please check your bank account to ensure the payments were deducted correctly. You may also go straight to Google Play by clicking here.