Netflix is an extremely convenient streaming service that can be utilized practically anywhere. Consoles, PCs, phones, tablets, and televisions all have their own applications that enable you to enter your Netflix account and watch all of the content. Whether consumed in small dosages or in marathon binges.
It’s easy to get rid of track of how many devices you’re signed into, and you may need to sign out of Netflix on all of them. As a result, this simple guide will teach you how to sign out of Netflix on all platforms that are linked to your account.
Netflix is available on a wide range of devices, including smart TVs, smartphones, tablets, laptops, and gaming consoles. The service offers a variety of subscription plans, ranging from basic to premium, with different features such as HD or Ultra HD streaming, and the ability to stream on multiple devices at once.
Netflix Sign Out
Subscribers or Users of Netflix need to Logout or Sign Out of their account based on privacy and security reasons or troubleshoot their account. Here are some reasons.
- Security: If you share your Netflix account with others or have checked in from a public device or computer, it is suggested that you sign out to avoid unauthorized access to your account.
- Privacy: If you’re concerned about your privacy, logging out assures that no one else may see your browsing history or profile.
- Multiple users: If many users are using the same device or account, logging out will allow another user to log in with their own credentials.
- Switching Devices: Before moving to a new device, sign out of your Netflix account on the old one to avoid any misunderstanding or difficulties with your watching history or account settings.
- Troubleshooting: If you’re having problems with your Netflix account or the app, logging out and back in will sometimes fix the problem.
How to Sign Out of Netflix on All Devices at One Time
- Go to https://Netflix.com in a browser. You may also use the mobile app to complete these tasks.
- Then click the symbol for your profile. This may be seen in the top-right corner.
- Then, Select Account, Next, select the Sign Out of All Devices option. Scroll down to the Settings section to locate this.
- Finally, click the Sign Out button, now, your account will be logged out on all linked devices at once successfully.
How to Sign Out of Netflix on a TV
- Using your TV remote, navigate to the Netflix app and open it.
- Once the app is open, navigate to the menu or settings section of the app.
- Look for an option to sign out or deactivate your account.
- Select the option to sign out or deactivate your account, and confirm that you want to sign out.
- The app will now log you out of your Netflix account on the TV or choose to log out on all devices to sign out on all linked devices at once.
How to Sign Out on Netflix.com
- In a web browser, navigate to https://www.netflix.com. Go to the official Netflix website using your favourite web browser.
- Select a profile, Click one of the profile photos on the page if you have several profiles set up on your Netflix account.
- In the top-right corner of the page, click the little downward triangle symbol next to your profile image. This brings up a drop-down menu.
- Sign out of Netflix by clicking the Sign Out button. It’s the very last choice on the drop-down menu. This exits Netflix from your browser.
If you want to sign out on all linked devices at once follow the Sign Out of All Devices option.
How to Sign Out of Netflix on a Windows App
- Launch the Netflix application on your Windows device.
- In the upper right corner of the program window, click the three dots symbol.
- Select “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down in the Settings section and select “Sign out of Netflix“.
- A confirmation box will open, click “Sign Out” to confirm your decision.
- The Netflix application will now log you out and return you to the login page.
Similarly, you will select the Sign Out of All Devices option to log off on all linked devices of your account.
How to Sign Out of Netflix on an iPhone or Android
- On your tablet or smartphone, launch the Netflix app.
- Tap on the “More” icon (three horizontal lines) in the bottom right corner of the app screen.
- Tap “Account” at the bottom of the menu as you scroll down.
- If necessary, sign into your account. This will open a browser window and take you to the Netflix website.
- Select “Sign out of all devices” under “Settings“.
- Click “Sign Out” to make sure that you wish to sign out of all devices.
- You will now be logged out of your Netflix account on all devices, including your mobile device.
By proceeding with the Sign Out of All Devices option to log out from the linked devices of the account at once.
What does 'log out of all devices' mean on Netflix?
When you sign out of all of your Netflix devices, including smart TVs, mobile phones, and streaming devices, you are also signing out of your Netflix account on all of those devices as well. In order to access your account once more, you will need to check in fresh on each device using your Netflix credentials.
Why would I need to log out of all devices on Netflix?
You might need to log out of Netflix on all devices for a number of reasons. For instance, you can revoke someone's access to your account if you believe they have used it without your consent or if you shared it with someone else but want to prevent it from happening again. In addition, logging off of every device might assist in troubleshooting problems like playback failures or account settings that aren't synchronizing between devices.
Will logging out of all devices on Netflix delete my account or viewing history?
No, logging out on all Netflix devices does not remove your account or watching history. When you connect back to Netflix on your devices, your account and watching history will be visible. However, checking out of all devices may cause your account settings, such as language and subtitle selections, to be reverted to default.
How often should I log out of all devices on Netflix?
There is no predetermined frequency for logging out of all Netflix devices. However, if you have concerns about the security of your account, such as suspecting that someone else has access to it, you should log out of all devices and reset your password.