Downloading Movies, Web Series, Stories, TV Showes and other content to Watch offline is possible on Netflix. Watching offline to save data usage when we repeatedly watch for interesting content on Netflix is a good idea. Offline Viewing is a good idea when you are on a journey or outstation to avoid network issues also.
We can save a limitless quantity of storage space by streaming online through Netflix. The primary disadvantage is that watching videos on OTT platforms requires a fast connection to the internet. Hence, you can’t stream content if you’re on the road or the internet connection is down.
Netflix, luckily, enables you to download videos and view them offline. Here’s an extensive guide to downloading movies from Netflix, including everything you need on your favorite devices such as Windows PF/Laptop or Smartphone and etc.
How to Download Movies on Netflix on PC/Laptop
When all you want to do is watch movies with your entire family on your personal computer; however, the online version of Netflix does not allow you to download content. For this to be so, you must first download the official Netflix application. Proceed with the steps below.
- Go to the Microsoft Windows Store and use the search field to look for the Netflix application.
- When you press enter, an application will appear on the display.
- Find and click the Install button; after downloading the application, click the Open button.
- You should now observe a search symbol in the upper right corner of your display. Just click on this.
- Then, a search window will display to Enter the name of the program or movie you would like to download from Netflix and then select the movie or series from the list of related names.
- A window with a popup will appear. Find and click on the download button.
- The movie will start downloading immediately.
- Now, click on the play button in the movie window. You are going to be ready to view the movie offline.
How to Download Movies on Netflix on Android & iPhone
Netflix movies may be downloaded for offline watching on both Android and iOS using the official Netflix application. Follow the below steps.
- According to your device, get the Netflix application from the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Login into your Netflix account by opening Netflix App.
- To search for movies or TV series to download, go to the Netflix app’s homepage and click the search button in the upper right corner of your display.
- Just click on the search query after you’ve found what you’re searching for.
- A Download button will appear after you click on the movie or TV show. Click it to start using it.
- The TV series or movie is going to start the download.
- Finally, without a connection to the internet, click the Play button to view the movie on Netflix.
How Much Space Do You Need to Download Movies on Netflix?
Given that you understand how to download movies from Netflix, we’re going to discuss how much space you’ll require for these downloads. We downloaded every episode from three different shows to see how much space each one filled up. We further worked with the two video quality settings.
The normal download quality can save you a lot of storage space. Use the high-quality setting alternative when you have a large amount of storage and prefer not to compromise quality.
How Do I Change the Download Quality on Netflix?
We will check the ways you may change the quality of your Netflix downloads. It will help you control space better by reducing download quality if your device’s storage space is running short. Here’s how you can go follow the steps.
- Go to the Netflix application on the Windows computer.
- Looking for the three-dot menu in the upper right corner of the display on your Netflix homepage. Simply click on it.
- In this section, choose the Settings option.
- The Downloads page may be found here. Here is a Video Quality sub-part inside this category.
- When you click on it, two options will appear standard and high. Select the one that best fits your needs, and this must do the work.
- As the Standard Quality makes up lower storage space without losing download quality, the High Quality makes up much more space without losing download quality.
Which Netflix Plan Allows Downloads?
Once you start the procedure of downloading Netflix movies for offline viewing, it should be necessary to remember that this option is not available on all subscriptions. Four main plans are available in the United States: Standard with Ads, Basic, Standard, and Premium. Here is a short division on which Netflix plans to have the download capability and the way many devices may be used to perform so.
Netflix Subscription Plans are different based on the country or origin, So you must check the plan which allows you to download with lowest plans at your location at https://help.netflix.com/en/node/24926/us.
According to the reports, the following are allowed to download Netflix Movies for Offline Viewing.
- Netflix Plans – Standard with Ads, Download Feature – no, Number of Devices -NA.
- Netflix Plans – Basic, Download Feature – yes, Number of Devices – Downloads allowed on one device.
- Netflix Plans – Standard, Download Feature – yes, Number of Devices – Downloads allowed on up to 4 devices.
- Netflix Plans – Premium, Download Feature – yes, Number of Devices – Downloads allowed on up to 4 devices.
How to Check Downloaded Movies on Netflix
You may choose something you want to watch offline and start watching it right away. However, if you are not sure how to check your Netflix downloads, follow the instructions below.
- On your Windows personal computer, start the Netflix application.
- Click the three-line menu symbol in the upper left corner of your display.
- Go to the My Downloads option from here.
- Here you can see a complete list of your Netflix downloads.
- Now, you can check download movies on Netflix.
How to Delete Downloaded Movies on Netflix
According to your subscription level, Netflix cannot allow you to download things on more than four devices. You are able to download items on one device when you have the basic plan. It follows here’s the way you can simply delete your Netflix downloads.
- On your Android or iOS device, open the Netflix application.
- Following that, on the bottom screen, choose the Downloads option.
- On the right side of your display, press the edit symbol.
- The checkboxes are going to appear close to all of the files you downloaded.
- Select the ones you want to delete by clicking on them.
- A delete button is going to show in the upper right corner of your display. Click on that. This can delete your Netflix downloads immediately.
How many movies can be downloaded through Netflix?
A device can have up to 100 active downloads at any given moment. You can download movies for multiple devices if your Netflix package allows it.
Why are you unable to download Netflix movies?
There are possibly now many downloads from your account on several devices. If this happens in your situation, delete downloads from one device to make more space on a different one.
Is it possible to download Netflix movies on a Mac?
Netflix movies cannot be downloaded on a Mac because the Netflix application is not available in the Mac App Store, so you are unable to download movies through a browser.
Why do Netflix downloads expire automatically?
Netflix downloads are going to expire automatically based on the company's specific title agreements with content publishers. Every title that is about to expire in the next seven days has a running countdown under its name.
Is it possible to download movies from Netflix?
You may use the official Netflix application for Windows, iOS, Android, and iPad to download movies for offline watching.