Amazon gift cards are a convenient and versatile way to shop for a wide range of products on the world’s largest online marketplace. Redeeming Amazon gift card, whether received as a present or purchased independently, is a simple and trouble-free process.
Amazon Gift Card comes with no expiration date to choose from millions of products, an Amazon gift card provides you with the freedom to make purchases on your own terms. So, let’s dive in and learn how to redeem the value of your gift card and embark on an exciting shopping journey with Amazon.
This article helps you through the simple steps to redeem your Amazon gift card so you can start shopping for your favorite items or discover new ones to add to your cart.
Redeem Amazon Gift Card
There are several ways to redeem an Amazon gift card, catering to different preferences and situations. Here are the most common methods:
- Online Redemption on Amazon Website.
- Redeeming during Checkout.
- Using the Amazon App.
- Amazon Physical Store.
- Redeeming on Kindle.
How to Redeem Amazon Gift Card Code Online
When we shop online, the Amazon Gift Card Redeem is very simple. To redeem an Amazon gift card code online, follow these steps:
- Go to the Amazon website https://www.amazon.com and sign in to your Amazon account. In the absence of an account, you have the option to create one at no cost.
- Once you’re logged in, hover over “Account & Lists” in the top-right corner of the Amazon homepage. Navigate to the drop-down menu and choose “Gift Cards” from the options provided.
- On the Gift Cards page, you’ll find the option “Redeem a Gift Card.” Click on this option to proceed.
- Flip the gift card to find the claim code, which is usually a 16-digit combination of letters and numbers. Gently scratch off the silver strip on the back of the physical gift card to unveil the hidden redeem code. Exercise caution while doing so. If you have an eGift card, the claim code can be found in the email sent to you.
- Enter the redeem code into the provided box. Before proceeding, ensure that you have entered the code accurately by double-checking the information provided. Then, click on the “Apply to your balance” button.
- Amazon will confirm the successful redemption of your gift card code, and the balance will be added to your Amazon account.
How to Redeem Amazon Gift Card Code on Mobile App
To redeem an Amazon gift card code on the Amazon mobile app, follow these steps:
- Login into your Amazon Mobile Application by using your account credincials.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines (hamburger menu) located at the top left corner of the app’s main screen. This will open the app’s menu.
- From the menu options, find and select “Gift Cards & Registry.”
- Within the “Gift Cards & Registry” section, you will see an option that says “Redeem a Gift Card.” Tap on it to proceed.
- Locate the claim code on the back of your physical gift card or in the email if it’s an eGift card. Carefully type in the 16-digit code into the provided box.
- After entering the claim code, tap on the “Redeem” button.
- Amazon will verify the gift card code, and upon successful validation, your gift card balance will be added to your account.
How to Redeem Amazon Gift Card Code at Amazon Store
To redeem an Amazon gift card code at an Amazon physical store, follow these steps:
- Find a physical Amazon store in your area. Amazon has physical retail stores in select locations. You can check the official Amazon website or contact Amazon customer support to inquire about the nearest store.
- Once you’ve located the Amazon store, visit the store in person during its operating hours.
- Explore the store and select the items you intend to purchase.
- After making your choices, proceed to the checkout counter with the selected items.
- Inform the cashier that you have an Amazon gift card and want to use it for payment. Hand over the physical gift card to the cashier.
- The cashier will scan or manually enter the gift card’s claim code into the store’s system.
- After the gift card claim code is successfully validated, the gift card balance will be applied to your purchase. If there is any remaining balance after redeeming the gift card, you can settle it by using other payment methods if needed.
- Once the payment is processed, you will receive your purchased items, and the transaction will be complete.
Does my Amazon Redeem Code Expire?
Typically, Amazon gift cards do not come with an expiration date. Consequently, the balance loaded onto the gift card or the redeemable code should retain its value indefinitely until it is entirely utilized for purchases on Amazon’s platform.
It is important to read all the terms and conditions pertinent to your individual gift card or reach out to Amazon’s customer support for the most current information. Policies and practices may evolve over time, and Amazon might revise its gift card policies, potentially affecting expiration rules.
Therefore, to ensure accuracy, it is always recommended to verify these details directly from the official Amazon website or by contacting customer support.
Can you see who redeemed an Amazon gift card?
As an individual user or customer, you cannot see who specifically redeemed an Amazon gift card. Amazon's gift card redemption process is private and confidential. Only Amazon's internal systems and administrators have access to such information for security and privacy reasons.
Is it possible to exchange an Amazon gift card for cash?
No, Amazon gift cards are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Once an Amazon gift card has been applied to an account, it can only be used to make purchases on Amazon's website or affiliated platforms. The balance on the gift card cannot be withdrawn as cash or transferred to another account.
How can I know whether an Amazon gift card has been used?
To check if an Amazon gift card has been redeemed, you can follow these steps:
1. Visit the Amazon website and sign in to your Amazon account.
2. Go to “Your Account” and select “Gift cards.” In the “Amazon Gift Card Balance” section, you'll see your current gift card balance.
3. If the gift card has been redeemed, the balance will show as zero or the remaining amount if only part of it has been used.