With a Windows 10 PC, recording your screen is a straightforward process. You may record a video of your favourite game or app using the Xbox Game Bar, a keyboard, and a screen reader. This post will show you how to screen record on a Windows computer without installing any software.
Screen Record on Windows 10
Users may capture and record their computer screen using Windows 10’s built-in screen recording capability, which also records audio. Making presentations, capturing games, or generating lessons are just a few uses for this capability.
How to Use XBOX Game Bar in Windows 10 to Record Your Screen
The built-in Xbox Game Bar app may be used to begin a screen recording on Windows 10. Pressing the Windows key and the G key will launch the Xbox Game Bar. After the Xbox Game Bar is visible, press the “Capture” button and then choose “Start Recording” from the menu that appears.
- Start the recording-related app. Make sure there is no unnecessary noise entering your recording by closing all other windows and checking for it.
- Use your keyboard’s Windows + G combination. The Game Bar should now be accessible.
- To take a screenshot, select the Camera icon in the “Capture” box. Tap the dot-filled circle to begin screen recording (or press Windows + Alt + R).
- A capture status with a timer, recording controls, and a microphone will show after you begin recording.
- The microphone will turn on and off outside noises to capture commentary. Through default, internal noises will be captured.
- To end the recording, either tap the stop button or enter Windows + Alt + R once again.
- A pop-up window stating “Game clip recorded” will display on the right side. You may check your screen recording in File Explorer’s ‘Captures‘ folder by clicking the pop-up notification.
How to Edit Your Screen Recording on Windows 10
Windows 10’s built-in video editor, Pictures, may be used to modify your screen capture. The following steps:
- Using your Windows 10 PC, select the Photos app.
- Select the “New video” option in the app’s upper right corner.
- Press the “Create” option after selecting the screen recording video you wish to modify from the resulting file explorer window.
- Cutting, text, music, filters, and other features may now edit your movie.
- Choose the part of the video you wish to preserve by dragging the slider to the left or right after clicking the “Trim” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Then, choose your preferred choice by clicking on the “Text” or “Music” tabs to add text or music to your video.
- Press the “Finish video” button in the program’s upper right corner after editing your video.
- Select the “Export” option and the video quality and resolution you need to save your modified video.
Read the Screen recording on Windows 10 & 11. Use a screen reader to record your screen with the Xbox Game Bar Guide issued by Microsoft.
How can I get free screen recording on Windows 10?
To record your screen on Windows, use Game Bar. Your Computer comes with a built-in utility that you may use for free. The game Bar dialogue box will display if you press Win + G. You may select to record or capture screenshots of the programs on your Windows PC from this point.
Does Windows 10 come with a Screen recorder built in?
Yeah, you read that right. Windows 10 has a built-in screen recorder that can assist you with certain basic screen capture tasks. On this page, we'll teach you how to enable this feature and begin screen recording with Windows 10.
How can I capture my Windows 10 screen without using an app?
To record your screen on Windows, use Game Bar. Your Computer comes with a built-in utility that you may use for free. The Game Bar dialogue box will display if you press Win + G. You may select to record or capture screenshots of the programs on your Windows PC from this point.
How do I modify the screen capture I just made on Windows?
The Photos application in Windows allows you to modify your screen capture. You may now proceed by selecting Edit and Create, saving a copy of your modified file, and clicking Finish. But if you want to add professional touches, look into screen recorders and online video editors.