Windows computers, by default, cannot view their PC or Laptop Serial number by staring at the system interface or using recognized system information tools. However, the serial number may still be found using the Command Prompt, a built-in tool in every Microsoft operating system.
In this guide, you will learn how to find the serial number of your PC or Laptop using simple ways for Windows 7, 8, 10, 11 and Mac OS devices.
Serial Number PC
Every PC or Laptop Manufacturer or Brand such as Microsoft has issued A Serial Number, Device ID, Product ID and etc a unique identifying number issued by the original equipment of Windows devices. It provided for Product Identification to find out it was originally manufactured by Microsoft. Windows PC Serial Number created with numbers and characters.
How to Know your PC Serial Number by Command Prompt – Windows
- Click on the Windows key or logo on your PC/Laptop.
- This will open the Start menu and Search bar, Search for CMD to get the Command Prompt application.
- Right-click the cmd program and select either open or Run as administrator.
- The Command Prompt window will appear.
- Enter the following command here, then press Enter on your keyboard to run it: wmic bios get serial number
- Now you have seen a result with your Windows PC Serial Number.
- For Microsoft Documentation please follow the page
How to Locate PC Serial Number in BIOS
BIOS, or Basic Input/Output System, is a software component that runs on your system’s core CPU. You may also verify the serial number of your Windows laptop or PC using BIOS.
- Access the BIOS or UEFI firmware configurations.
- Look for the Serial Number. (The path will vary depending on the type of your computer/laptop, but you can typically locate it under Main or System.)
Find the PC’s Serial Number through Command Line Prompt or PowerShell
- To get the Serial Number using PowerShell
- Press the Windows key, type Powershell, and then select Run as Administrator from the search results.
- This will display your PC’s Serial Number,
- Which you may write down. If you’re performing inventory, you may copy it into a document by selecting it and using Ctrl + C.
- After copying it to the clipboard, press Ctrl + V to paste it into your document.
How to Get the Serial Number of PC/Laptop through Windows Settings
- Start can be used to search for or run an app.
- Go to Settings.
- Select ‘System’.
- Choose ‘About‘ now.
- The Serial Number may be found under Windows technical specifications.
How to find the Serial Number of the Laptop or PC by Brand
Every brand or manufacturer of the PC/Laptop has maintained the product information along with the Serial Number on the Hardware, Product packing Box, Warranty Card or Elsewhere.
How to Find Serial Numbers on Mac
Serial numbers are stamped or etched on the underside of your iMac, MacBook, or Mac Mini. This approach is the easiest way to verify your serial number without having to open or log into your device.
- In the upper left corner of the screen, choose the Apple logo.
- Then, to quickly see your Mac overview, choose ‘About This Mac‘.
- Your Mac serial number will be displayed on the final line, just below Graphics.