When the home screen layout is locked, modifications to any home screen are prevented, not simply the first or default screen. You may still navigate between home screens; this does not lock the device. When you install new apps, however, no icons are placed on your home screen. Until your home screen is unlocked, it will seem the same.
Home Screen Layout Locked
This feature is available on all Android smartphones, including Samsung, Redmi, REALME, and OPPO. Locking the ‘Home Screen Layout‘ prevents the unexpected removal of an app icon from your mobile’s home display.
If you disable this option, any app on your Android’s home screen will be removed. It is already disabled by default. Many individuals are unaware of this possibility.
Have you ever deleted your home display applications by accident? If this is the case, you must select the “Lock Home Display Layout” option, which you may enable or disable at any time. You will find the steps to unlock the lock home display layout here.
The Mi Phone is a popular extension in India, and its Android MIUI is also quite popular, with regular updates. If you try to delete or uninstall it from the home screen, a “Home display layout lock” message displays.
Your Phone Screen Layout is Locked?
Locking your home screen has been available since Android Pie. This is not a Samsung-exclusive feature. This function is also accessible in several other launchers and OEM skins. It prevents you from changing icons on your screen, resizing widgets, and doing other things.
The main reason you want to lock your phone home screen layout is to prevent accidental icon movement or removal. Widgets can be finicky or readily resized, causing the rest of your setup to fall apart.
To summarise, it’s inconvenient to go looking for an icon just to discover that you can’t find it. Locking your home screen is an excellent way to avoid this.
When the home screen layout is locked in your phone, modifications to any home screen are prevented, not simply the first or default home screen. You may still navigate between home screens; this does not lock the device.
When you install new apps, however, no icons are placed on your home screen. Until your home screen is unlocked, it will seem the same.
You will be unable to modify the layout of your home screen if it is locked. When you long tap on an icon, the choices that would normally be available to you are darkened. If you try to make any changes, you will be prompted to switch off the lock screen and give a shortcut to the settings.
How To Unlock Home Screen Layout
- First of all, open your settings window.
- Here you can locate the home screen and then click to open it
- In this section, you will identify an option ‘Lock Home screen layout’.
- If this option is enabled on your device try to disable or turn off the option.
- Now your smartphone is unlocked from the home screen layout.
How To Unlock Home Screen Layout in Samsung Galaxy Phones?
You must unlock the home display layout by following the steps below if you want to change the Samsung smartphone’s home screen layout.
- On your phone’s home screen, go to settings.
- In settings go and scroll down and tap on the home screen
- Phone’s Home Screen section disables the lock home screen layout.
- Then you will be able to move icons on the home screen.
How To Unlock Home Screen Layout in Redmi?
- Visit the settings page on Redmi Phone.
- Click on the home display by swiping it down.
- If the home screen layout option is enabled or turned on. disable the home screen layout.
How To Unlock Home Screen Layout in Realme, Oppo, and other Phones?
If your home display has too many icons or if you wish to place every icon on one page of your display. Today, we’ll explain how to change the layout of your home display and customize the number of icons that appear there. Simply follow our instructions to understand how to make the change.
- Go to the Phone Settings first.
- Select Home Screen & Wallpaper next.
- After that, select Home Screen Layout.
- You may increase or reduce the number of display icons in this area by selecting the desired one and selecting Switch in the little box that should pop up.