Facebook has introduced a new safety feature called profile lock. Users can use this feature to restrict access to their profile to those who are not on their friend list. Other persons who are not on the user’s friends list will be unable to view the profile once it has been locked.
Lock Facebook Profile
This simple guide helps you to lock your FB Profile easily with simple methods on any device such as a PC, Android or iPhone.
How to Lock a Facebook Profile on a Computer or PC?
Steps to lock your Facebook profile on a desktop computer by login into your FB Account on a desktop version.
- Login into the Facebook account and go to the profile section at https://facebook.com/profile.
- On the FB Profile page select and proceed with the ‘Edit Details‘ option.
- In this edit section, you can Customize the intro details you select will be public.
- Select or Unselect the information to show the common public.
- Once off the information, is hidden from everyone who is not on your friend list.
- In the URL, open the profile icon and change ‘www‘ with ‘m‘. For example m.facebook.com/yourprofilename‘.
- Or proceed with ‘https://m.facebook.com/profile‘ on Desktop PC, it will be redirected to the mobile version.
- Proceed with the three dots located at the ‘Edit Profile‘ option.
- Now you have seen multiple options along with ‘Lock Profile‘ Click on it the lock your profile instantly.
Now your profile has been secured.
How to Lock a Facebook Profile on Android App?
Android Phone users who installed the Facebook Application (FB APP) can follow the steps to lock their FB Profile instantly.
- Open the Facebook mobile app on your mobile.
- Go to your profile page by clicking the three lines (—) icon.
- Next open to see your profile.
- Click on the three dots icon.
- Choose ‘Lock profile‘ and proceed with taping on it.
That’s it you have successfully locked your FB Profile.
How to Lock a Facebook Profile on Apple or iOS device?
- Open the Facebook mobile app on your iOS devices such as iPhone, iPod and etc.
- Click on the ‘Menu‘ option.
- At the top, click on the Settings symbol.
- In the FB settings page, a search option is available at the top and you can search with the name ‘Locking‘
- Now click on ‘Profile Locking‘.
- Now below click on the ‘Lock Your Profile‘ button.
- Now your profile has been locked successfully.
Before Locking your FB Profile know the Key Points
When you lock your Facebook (FB) profile, the following changes occur to your account:
- No one can view your pictures or updates on your Facebook profile except your Facebook friends.
- All of your previous postings that were set to be available to the public will now be restricted to friends only.
- You will be unable to post publicly.
- Now your Facebook friends only see your stories others can’t see your stories
- When you access your profile after it has been locked, you will notice a blue badge.
- Now anyone who visits your profile after it has been locked will see a blue badge.