You may prevent a number from reaching you through calls, texts, and Facetime by blocking the number on your iPhone. But it’s possible that this isn’t always the goal. Sometimes you could unintentionally block a number you weren’t intended to, or you might block the number of the person closest to you because you and that person got into a fight.
On an iPhone, blocking a number is just as straightforward as unblocking it. This post will walk you through the processes if you want to learn how to unblock your iPhone’s numbers.
Best way to Unblock a Number on an iPad or iPhone
- Unblocking someone and allowing them to contact you once more requires a few taps.
- When choosing Phone, go to Settings. Tap Blocked Contacts after scrolling down.
- Now that you are logged in with your Apple ID, you will get a comprehensive list of all the numbers you have banned.
- On the screen, click Edit in the upper right corner.
- All prohibited phone numbers will now have red circles next to them.
- To unblock a number, locate it and press the red circle to the left of it. The number will be eliminated from the list as a result.
- Done may be accessed by tapping the screen’s top right corner.
- After doing so, the number is unlocked, and your modifications are saved.
How to Unblock People Who Text You
To unlock someone who had a text message blocked:
- Being on your smartphone, access the Settings app.
- Under the menu, select “Messages.“
- Press “Blocked Contacts” (or “Blocked” on earlier OS versions) after scrolling down.
- To unlock the number you want, swipe it from right to left.
- To enable text messages from that number, press “Unblock“.
How to Unblock Callers in Your Contacts List
If the blocked number is associated with someone on your contacts list, do the following actions:
- The mobile device’s Contacts app should be opened.
- After finding it, you should touch on the entry for the person you wish to unblock.
- The contact details are located at the bottom.
- To remove the limitation, press “Unblock this Caller.”
Menu titles may differ depending on your iOS or iPadOS version, but the general procedure stays the same.
How to Unblock an Unsaved Number on iPhone
Following these procedures will allow you to unblock an unsaved number on your iPhone:
- Your iPhone should now be in the “Settings” app.
- Press “Phone” after swiping down.
- Select “Call Blocking & Identification” under “Calls” in the menu.
- A list of prohibited contacts and phone numbers will appear. Find the unblocked number that was not stored.
- Swipe left on the contact or number to see the “Unblock” button, then press it to unblock the number.
- There will be a confirmation request. Click or tap “Unblock Contact” to confirm.
- Now that the blocked number has been removed, you should be able to receive calls and texts from it.
How to Unblock a Number With Your Phone Company
You must contact your phone carrier directly, use their online support resources, or download their app if you blocked a number using their service. Only numbers blocked using your Apple device’s built-in capabilities require the preceding actions.
How to View All Blocked Contacts on iPhone
The procedures below may be used to access all blocked contacts on an iPhone.
- Users of the iPhone’s home screen should now display the “Settings” app.
- If you wish to display blocked contacts in messages, press “Messages” instead of “Phone” as you scroll down.
- Select “Blocked Contacts” from the Phone settings menu. Select “Blocked” to change this if you’re in the Messages settings.
- You may view a list of all the contacts you’ve banned on your iPhone here.
Can I unlock a contact from the Contacts app?
The answer is that you may unblock the blocked number straight from their contact entry if it belongs to a contact in your Contacts app. After opening it, search for a setting that says “Unblock this Caller” or anything similar on the person's record in the Contacts app. To unlock the contact, tap on it.
Can I get my phone carrier to unlock a number that I had previously blocked?
No, using the built-in tools on your iPhone or iPad to block numbers, you can unblock those numbers using the instructions in this article. You must contact your phone provider directly to unblock a number you blocked through them.