Etsy is an e-commerce platform that sells handmade and antique things, as well as creative materials. Etsy is a popular shopping site for artists. Consider it an online craft show. Etsy is a successful e-commerce website.
Customers may find handcrafted gifts, craft materials, and historic goods from individual sellers. Products are frequently customized and manufactured to order, giving each present a personal touch, and purchases assist local companies.
When making a purchase, it’s critical to understand the seller’s rules, particularly those regarding returns and exchanges. Some stores will not accept refunds, exchanges, or cancellations, while others will. If you want to cancel an order, you must reach out to the seller directly.
Cancel Etsy Order
Under the following conditions, a seller may cancel an Etsy order:
- The buyer did not pay. (A supplier may be flagged by the buyer for a payment that was not received, a chargeback, or a cancelled payment.)
- Both the buyer and seller agree to terminate the transaction prior to shipping, and the seller has offered a full refund to the buyer.
- The seller has chosen not to supply the customer with service, and if the buyer has already paid, the seller has offered a complete refund, including shipping.
- The buyer did not get the item(s) purchased despite the seller providing confirmation of shipment and issuing a refund for the item. (Unless the customer purchased with Etsy Payments, in which case you must refund in full, refunding shipping is optional.)
- The buyer and seller agreed that the buyer might return the item for a refund to the seller. The seller accepted the returned item and offered a refund to the buyer. (Unless the customer purchased with Etsy Payments, in which case you must refund in full, refunding shipping is optional.)
How to Cancel Etsy Order as a Seller
Cancelling an Etsy order is a simple task. It’s quick whether you’re on a desktop or mobile. Here’s the procedure for how you approach it.
- Go to the Shop Manager after logging in to your shop, then go to Orders & Shipping.
- Go to the Order Cancellation page. On a desktop, just locate the three-dot symbol next to the order you wish to cancel. Press the Cancel button.
- If you’re on mobile, though, check out the Order Detail page. Choose more actions and press the button. Choose Cancel.
- There will be no dropdown menu where you may specify your cancellation reason. Choose a reason to complete the cancellation procedure. You’ll also note the total amount of money refunded to the customer.
- Fill up the text box with any message for your buyer. You may leave this field empty if you choose. It is not required to write a message because it’s optional.
- To finish the procedure, click or press Cancel order.
As you can see, the entire procedure is simple, but that’s not all. The return process will change depending on the payment method.
How to Request Order Cancellation as an Etsy Buyer
- Open your Etsy account and log in.
- Click the link in the top right corner of the page to access Your Account.
- Choose the drop-down menu’s Purchases and Reviews option.
- In order to cancel an order, search for it.
- The status of items that have not yet shipped will say “Not shipped” to the right of the order. To cancel an order, click the link under the shipment status.
- You’ll get a message automatically. If you’d like, you can change the message and include more information. If you have any other information to share with the seller, please do that.
- Wait for the seller’s reply after clicking Submit.
How to Cancel Etsy Order from an Account
The possibility is that your order has not yet been sent if it was ordered less than two days ago. In this case, follow these instructions to cancel an order:
- Sign in to your account on Etsy. On the right side of the order, click the “Request Cancellation” option below the status “Not shipped“.
- Choose “Purchases and Reviews.” Find which order needs to be cancelled.
- Click the “Request Cancellation” link located just below the status “Not shipped” on the right-hand side of the order.
- You’ll see a message that was generated automatically for the seller. Add further details about the order to the statement.
- You can provide the seller with an explanation of your choice to cancel the order or any other necessary info you feel they should be made aware of. Even rewriting the message is an option.
- After clicking “Submit” look for the seller’s reply.
How Can I Cancel an Order After Shipping
The buyer cannot cancel an order once it has been confirmed and dispatched. But, if there is a problem with the order, such as an incorrect address or a problem with the goods, the buyer can reach out to the seller and try to resolve the issue.
The seller may be ready to give a refund or a replacement item in particular incidents. If there is an issue with the order, it is essential to review the seller’s shop policies and contact them as quickly as possible.
How to Cancel an Etsy Order Without Creating an Account
Buyers who place a purchase on Etsy without creating an account can cancel their order as long as they follow the company’s cancellation policy. For customers who do not have an account, the only option to cancel an order is to contact Etsy’s contact support.
To cancel an order without an Etsy account, follow the instructions below:
- Access the disputed Etsy order email confirmation. This email was sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Respond to the email by stating that you wish to cancel your order. Specify that the correspondence is addressed to the seller.
How to Cancel ETSY Order with Customer Care Support
- If you haven’t an Etsy account, sign up for Etsy and Visit the Etsy Help Page.
- The “What can we assist you with?” drop-down menu will include two options: a link for buyers and a link for sellers. Shoppers should visit buying on Etsy. A dealer should select “Selling on Etsy.”
- Choose the best choice to be directed to the relevant client’s customer service site.
- Choose the category cancellation of orders that most accurately describes the reason you are writing to Etsy Help.
- Each time you contact Etsy Help, you will be directed to a separate assistance page.
- When you’ve identified the issues that most closely match your problem, keep selecting categories and queries until you reach a page with answers for how to solve your problem.
What if the Seller Refuses to Cancel the Order? Opening a Case on Etsy
Etsy sellers can define their own cancellation procedures, but they must follow Etsy’s requirements. If a seller refuses to cancel an order, the customer may file an Etsy complaint.
Etsy will step in and attempt to resolve the problem. The platform has the authority to suspend or permanently terminate a seller’s Etsy store if the seller continues to refuse to cancel the purchase notwithstanding Etsy’s decision.
How to Escalate a Case on Etsy
Before you may escalate a case, it must have been passed for three days.
- Log in to your Etsy account at https://etsy.com.
- Choose your account icon again in the top-right corner and select “Purchases and Reviews“.
- Locate the necessary order for your problem. Choose “See case“.
- Choose the case to escalate, then click “Escalate“.
It will be reviewed by an Etsy moderator. There is no assurance as to how long Etsy will take to reply, although they claim they will attempt to close all issues within a few weeks.
How to Track a Guest Order on Etsy
If you checked out on Etsy as a guest and do not have an account, keep an eye out for a shipment notice in your email. When the item ships, you will nearly always be informed. If the seller gives enhanced conceptual tracking information, it will be included in this email as well.
Is there a Charge for Cancelling orders on Etsy?
According to what they claim, Etsy doesn't charge you for cancelling purchases. They could take notice if you frequently cancel orders for no apparent reason, in our opinion.
Can the Seller Refuse my Cancellation?
Absolutely, if you seek order cancellation after the seller has processed the transaction by updating the tracking number, the seller may deny your request. If the seller rejects your cancellation request, the order will ship as usual.