Spotify student discount provides a premium plan for half the price that you or any other person will normally pay. To be qualifying for Spotify Premium Student, you should first verify your status as a qualified student using the third-party service SheerID. This indicates that the plan will provide full access to the Spotify music collection.
Anybody who has already signed up for Spotify’s Premium membership before registering in any of the recognized institutions is still available for the discount. After Spotify has accepted you, you will receive information about the discounted price the next time your membership renews.
Spotify Student Discount
Graduate students are eligible for a Spotify discount. Spotify may provide student discounts depending on where you lived in the United States, they offer an “Undergraduate Student Discount” which allows students to get the Spotify Subscription fee for up to 50% off.
Spotify now provides educational discounts in some countries, so check to see if one is available in your region. Then, many universities have their own Spotify discounts, check with your school’s student services to find out if any are available.
How to Claim your Spotify Student Discount
You must register for a paid Premium account. If you are an enrolled college student at an authorized university, you may be eligible for a 50% membership discount. Simply follow these simple steps to claim your student discount at Spotify.
- Open any web browser and go to Spotify.com.
- If you haven’t already logged in to your Spotify account, click login in the top-right corner to proceed.
- Select the ‘Profile‘ icon. And a menu will appear.
- Click the ‘Account‘ option. Your account information will be shown here.
- You should select the Change or Cancel button. This button is at the top of the page.
- You can choose the second option ‘Premium for Students’ under the ‘change plans’ option and click the ‘Verify‘ button.
- Press the ‘Get started’ button. It’s at the top-right blue section of the screen. And click the ‘Next‘ button.
- Complete the application form. Give in your name, college, and birthday as provided on the form.
- Press the ‘Submit’ button. Spotify will now contact SheerID to confirm your status.
- Once your status has been verified, you will be taken to a page where you may enter payment information.
- Once your payment confirmation, your membership status will be changed to the student-discounted update of Premium.
- Now, you can claim your Spotify student discount.
How to Renew your Spotify Student Discount
Spotify using SheerID to check if you’re qualified or not. Follow these steps to see if you’re eligible for the Spotify student discount and to renew it.
- Log in to your Spotify account at https://open.spotify.com/.
- Choose Account from the drop-down menu after clicking on your Spotify profile image or name in the top right corner.
- On the new tab, Spotify should load the Account Overview page.
- Go down to the page under Student Discount. If your discount will soon expire, Spotify will provide the opportunity to renew it. If you still have many months on your account, you will not see this option.
- Renew the discount by clicking the ‘Renew discount‘ button. You will be sent to SheerID, where you must verify your information by entering your personal details. When you’re finished, and then click the ‘Next‘ option.
- Open your student email and then the SheerID email. Choose the Student Discount option. This returns you to Spotify.com web.
- By selecting Confirm button, you may confirm that you’ve signed into the same account. Your discount is going to be applied.
- While going through your Spotify Account page, you may renew your discount by clicking on the link inside the email reminder from Spotify.
How Many Times Can you Renew your Spotify Student Plan?
- Spotify allows you to renew your student plan for a maximum of 12 months. Following a year, you must register as a normal user or take advantage of another student discount, such as the 50% off discount provided to residents of the United States.
- Spotify Student is renewable every 12 months. It is important to remember that Spotify Student cannot be renewed more than a year in advance, and users must renew their membership within a year of registering.
- Log in to your account and re-verify your qualifying status to renew your student plan. You may then confirm the renewal by agreeing to the new terms and conditions.
- Spotify Premium Student is only valid for four years. After enrolling with a genuine and applicable student email address, the period is set to four years. You must no longer be eligible for the student discount after 4 years and will have to update to a standard Spotify Premium subscription.
Who is Eligible for Spotify Student Discount Offer
Check to see if you are eligible for the student discount. Follow the below steps.
- To sign up for Spotify Premium, you must be at least 18 years old.
- If you are currently a student at a recognized college or institution in the United States (US) or the United Kingdom (UK).
- You may be eligible for a 50% discount on Spotify Premium. Spotify checks your student status using SheerID.
- Validate your student status by logging into your university’s website or providing proof of registration.
- For 4 years of education, a student discount is offered. Every 12 months, you must renew and re-verify your eligibility.
What is SheerID?
SheerID is a service for third-party digital identity verification. In this case, they coordinate with Spotify to confirm applicants' eligibility for Spotify Premium Student.
Why doesn't the Spotify Student Discount work?
If any Spotify student discount is not operating on your device, go to the Spotify official website and choose the student plan from there. Remember that you may only activate the student plan when you validate your student ID.
Is it possible to renew my Spotify Student Discount?
Of course, there is no need to pay more money for renewal. The monthly fee for students has also been slightly cut so that any student will manage it easily.
After I Graduate or leave school, what happens to my Account?
You'll get Premium Student with Hulu and SHOWTIME for almost 12 months from the date you signed up, as long as the services are accessible. You will no longer be qualified for Premium Student if you are unable to re-verify at the end of any 12-month period.
How does Spotify know I'm a Student?
Spotify verifies your membership status via a third-party service called SheerID.