Spotify provides a better feature that allows you to retrieve the songs and playlists you’ve recently played. The “recently played” playlist, on the other side, is not restricted to you; anybody who follows you can view it. If you are one of those people who are private about your music tastes, this may feel like a violation of your privacy.
But don’t worry, since you can pick what to keep and delete Spotify history, clear Spotify listening history in a simple way from your recently listened to songs. We’ll go through the process of accessing your listening history in both the desktop and mobile applications, as well as how to view recently played playlists and podcasts on Spotify.
Spotify history is a special feature that allows you to access artists, albums, songs, and playlists that you have recently played. Now what is interesting is that your listening history is viewable to everyone who follows you or has access to your playlists. As a result, you may view this option to be an inconvenience to your privacy.
Spotify history of your listening activities, which you can view via the app on your phone or the desktop application. You can view your most recently played playlists and podcasts immediately on the main screen, or you can go deeper to find to see your full listening activity over the previous few months.
How to See Spotify History
You may use your smartphone, computer, or web browser, which maintains Spotify history, so let’s first know how to see Spotify listening history by following the below steps.
- Open the Spotify app and press “Home” at the bottom of the screen before checking that your app is completely updated.
- Press the clock symbol in the top-right corner. This will take you to the Listening History page.
- Now, you’ll see all of the playlists you’ve recently listened to. You may scroll down to see your playlist history over the previous month or more.
- To see your song-by-song listening history, click the icon that appears like a filter symbol in the top-right corner, this will open a menu where you can choose “Songs and Episodes“.
- You are now able to see a detailed list of every song and podcast episode you’ve played in the last several months. Scroll down to see them all, then click on one to listen to it.
How to Check Spotify History on Mobile App
To know how to check history from the Spotify mobile app follow the below-given instructions.
- Open the Spotify App and sign in to your account.
- To go to the home page, press the “Home” button.
- To check the recently played list, click the clock symbol indicated at the top of the page.
- You will check a list of songs, playlists, albums, and so on that, you have recently listened to.
How to View Spotify History on open.spotify.com
You may also view your listening history with the Desktop App. On the main screen, a detailed list of recent listening history is shown, and an updated list is available in the queue area. To view your Spotify history on the desktop app, follow these steps.
- Sign in to your Spotify account through a desktop web browser at https://open.spotify.com/.
- Then, click “Home” from the left side menu.
- When you click the home button, at the bottom-right of the page, press the ‘queue’ button.
- Select ‘Recently played’ at the top of the page. You’ll be able to view the last 50 or more songs you’ve listened.
How to Delete Spotify Listening History
Spotify’s listening history feature enables you to replay previously listened to songs. Here follow the steps on how to delete playlists and listening history.
- Once you open the Spotify app, the “Recently Played” playlist will show on the main page. Choose “Show all” to see everything on the list.
- Choose the song, album, or playlist to be deleted. Your mouse over the album media will bring up the three-dot menu. You may also right-click on it.
- Select “Remove from Recently Played” from the option that shows.
- You may delete the entire recently played list and start again. But, keep in mind that this option will only work if you haven’t upgraded Spotify to the most recent version.
Delete Spotify History on open.spotify.com
Just the desktop web version of Spotify lets you delete recently played songs. To delete recently played songs on Spotify, follow the instructions below.
- Download and Install Spotify on your Desktop Web App or Visit the web version at https://open.spotify.com.
- Choose the ‘Your Library‘ option. Then click the ‘Drop-Down‘ menu.
- Next, select the ‘Recently Played‘ option, and then A list of your most recently played playlists is shown.
- Then click on the three dots symbol if you want to delete the selected file.
- Select the ‘Remove from Recently Played‘ option.
- The playlist will be deleted from your recently played list as soon as you choose to delete it.
Delete Spotify History on Mobile App
Spotify does not support removing the recently-played list on Android and iPhone devices. Similarly, you must enable Private Sessions and remove Listening Activity. You need to follow the given step to delete Spotify history on the mobile app.
- Launch the Spotify application on your Android or iPhone smartphone.
- Go to the App dashboard and Click the ‘Setting’ symbol.
- Scroll down to select the “Social” tab and then go to “Private Session” option and turn on it.
- Next, disable the “Listening Activity” option.
- Then, go to your Computer. You’ll need the desktop app once Spotify’s settings are updated.
- Open the Spotify desktop app on your computer, and just go to “Your Library” option.
- Select “Recently Played” option and Click any previously played tracks or playlists.
- Choose the three dots symbol on your selected song by “Remove from Recently Played” option should be selected.
- Now, you will be deleted Spotify history on your mobile app.
How to Recover the Recently Deleted Played List on Spotify?
You can recover deleted playlists because the option is not now available on its app, we must visit its website on our computer or smartphone. If you already have a playlist and mistakenly lost it, you may recover it by following these steps.
- Go to Spotify’s official website on your smartphone or computer. If you’re using a mobile device, press the ‘settings’ icon to access the log-in option.
- After, you may successfully log in to your Spotify account. Then, go to your Account Settings option.
- Select the “Recently Played” option. And then click the “Recover Playlists” option from the dropdown menu at the top.
- You may see all of the playlists that have been removed from your account on this page. You may check the playlist’s information and restore it by clicking the “Restore” button beside its name.
- Finally, you can recover the recently played list on Spotify.
Can I Check the Spotify listening history of someone else?
If someone has set their Spotify listening history private, you cannot see it.
Where Can I Get Your Most Current Playlists and Podcasts?
To see your most recent plays go to Launch the Spotify application. Then choose more options and Click the 'See All 'button to see every playlist detail. You may now access your podcast and music libraries.
Is My Spotify Listening History Visible to Everyone?
Spotify's Friend Activity feature shows your listening habits with anybody who follows you. If you don't want other people to hear what you're listening to, start a private session.
How Can I Remove a Podcast Episode from Spotify?
To remove a Podcast episode from Spotify, open the episode you want to remove. Press 'Delete' after clicking the 'three dots' in the upper right corner. The episode will be removed.