How many times have you been disappointed when a PDF file opens and asks for a password before displaying the content? That is a hugely frustrating procedure, from searching for PDF password remover online to asking around the house. Check out our PDF password remover online, which has both a free and premium version.
There are several techniques for sharing documents over the internet, but one of the easiest is to utilize the Portable Document Format, also known as PDF files. These files include extensive information and photos and can recreate whole documents in digital format. Another valuable feature of PDF files, similar to Microsoft Word, is the ability to secure their contents with a password.
Remove Passwords from PDF
Passwords in PDF files can be removed for a variety of reasons, including:
- Accessibility: If the PDF file is password-protected, persons with impairments may struggle to access the file’s content.
- Collaboration: If you are working on a project with others, you may need to share a PDF file with them. But, if the file is password-protected, they may find it impossible to access and modify it.
- Convenience: Needing to input a password every time you open a PDF file might be irritating, especially if you require regular access to the file.
- Security concerns: For security reasons, you may need to delete the password from a PDF file in some situations. For example, if the password has been intercepted or you need to share the material with someone you don’t completely trust, it’s probably best to erase the password.
Even so, deleting the password can potentially pose security problems if the PDF file includes sensitive or confidential information. When determining whether to erase the password, it is critical to balance the advantages and risks.
How to Remove Password from PDF
Depending on the software or tools you have available, there are many methods for removing a password from a PDF file. Here are a few examples:
- If you have Adobe Acrobat, you may delete the password by opening the PDF file and Going to “File” then “Properties” then “Security“.
- Next, choose “No Security” from the “Security Method” in the drop-down menu.
- After you save the modifications, the password will be erased.
Online resources: There is various online software that may assist you in removing passwords from PDF files. Smallpdf, PDF Unlocker, and PDF Candy are a few examples. To remove the password, just submit the PDF file to the application and follow the instructions.
Google Chrome: You may also delete the password from a PDF file if you have Google Chrome. Open the PDF file in Chrome, input the password when requested, and then click the “Print” button. Choose “Save as PDF” as the destination in the print box and save the file. To open the new PDF file, no password is required.
If you’re comfortable with the command line, use the PDF application to remove the password from a PDF file.
How to Remove the Password from a PDF using Adobe Acrobat Pro
- In Adobe Acrobat Pro, open the password-protected File. When prompted, enter the password.
- Under the menu bar, select File, then Properties.
- Click the Security tab in the Document Properties box.
- Click the Security Method drop-down option in the Document Security section. Choose ‘No Security‘.
- Adobe Acrobat DC Document Properties.
- Click OK to confirm that you wish to remove the security from the document.
- To exit the Document Properties window, click OK.
- Choose File, then Save.
How to Remove the Password from a PDF for free
There are several free methods you can use to remove the password from a PDF:
Using Google Chrome: Open the PDF file in Google Chrome and enter the password when prompted. Once the file is open, click on the Print button or press Ctrl+P (Windows) or Cmd+P (Mac). In the Print dialogue box, choose “Save as PDF” from the drop-down menu next to the “Destination” field. Give the file a new name and save it to your computer. The new PDF file will no longer require a password to open.
Using Smallpdf: Smallpdf is a free online PDF tool that offers a wide range of features, including removing password protection from a PDF. Go to the Smallpdf website and select “Unlock PDF” from the list of tools. Upload the password-protected PDF and enter the password when prompted. Smallpdf will remove the password protection and allow you to download the new, unprotected PDF.
Using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a free PDF reader offering some basic PDF editing tools. Open the password-protected PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and enter the password when prompted. Go to “File“, and “Properties” and click on the “Security” tab. Choose “No Security” from the “Security Method” drop-down menu by clicking on it.. Click on “OK” and save the file to remove the password protection.
How to Remove Password from PDF using Print to PDF
Unfortunately, you cannot remove a password from a PDF file by printing it to PDF.
- Printing a PDF to PDF is simply creating a new PDF file from an existing one, which does not affect the security settings of the original file.
- A PDF file with a password set will still require a password to open or modify it, even after being printed to a new PDF.
- To remove the password from a PDF file, you need to have the password or use a password removal tool.
- If you have the password, you can use Adobe Acrobat or other PDF editing software to remove the password protection.
- If you don’t have the password, you can try using a password removal tool, although success cannot be guaranteed.
How to Remove Passwords from PDF Files on Mac
To unlock your Document, you may always update your password or erase it entirely
- Open your document and then select File at the top left of the screen.
- Choose Change Password, If you wish to change a password, enter the new one and click Change.
- If you don’t require a password, click Remove Password to access your document.
When you own the file, PDF Expert works well as a PDF password remover on Mac. It is completely safe and reliable, and it will not allow any strangers to take passwords from your Document for malicious reasons.
Is it possible to modify a password-protected PDF without the password?
If it's password-protected with an open password and you don't have or have forgotten the password, you won't be able to open or change it.
In PDF, what is the difference between an owner password and a user password?
The user password is referred to as an open password in Adobe Reader. An owner password can be associated with the PDF document. The owner's password allows someone to open and bypass limitations on an encrypted PDF document. A password for the owner is optional.
Can I Open a PDF file if I've forgotten the Password?
When a PDF is entirely protected, no one can see the file without the password. In this instance, you cannot open or read the file without the password.