Using Google as your preferred search engine allows you to utilize Google.com for all of your web search queries. In case you don’t have Google configured as the standard search engine in your web browser, you could be using anything else. Every time you search for something on the web.
When you’ve set up Google as the default search engine on your chosen browser, you may search directly from the browser window without needing to access the Google Address. In most web browsers, you can delete the URL or start a new window and then provide anything that you want to look for on the Google search engine.
How to Make Google your Default Search Engine on Google Chrome
Google is the preferred search engine in Google’s browser, but if this feature has been changed, you may change it in Chrome using the Search engine option in the settings. Follow the below steps.
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your Computer or Laptop.
- Click the three vertical dots in the window’s top-right corner, near the URL bar, and then select the ‘Settings‘ option from the drop-down menu.
- Go down to the Search engine page and choose the Search engine used in the address bar from the drop-down menu.
- Select Google from the drop-down menu. Your preferred search engine must now be set to a different one.
How to Make Google your Default Search Engine on Firefox
The Search tab of this browser’s options controls which search engine Firefox utilizes it. This instructs you on how to make Google your default search engine. Follow the given instructions.
- Open the Firefox web browser on your desktop or Laptop.
- Click the three vertical lines symbol on the upper-right of the display, then Settings from the menu that appears.
- Press the Search tab from the sidebar menu on the left.
- Select the drop-down menu in the Default Search Engine page and select Google. Your preferred search engine needs to be set to another one.
How to Make Google your Default Search Engine on Microsoft Edge
You can set Google as your default search engine on Microsoft Edge for follows the given steps.
- Launch the Microsoft Edge browser on your computer.
- Select the three horizontal dots symbol on the upper-right corner of the window, then the Settings option at the bottom of the window that appears.
- Choose the Privacy, search, and Services section in the left-hand sidebar menu.
- Slide down to the bottom of the web page and click the Address bar, and search.
- Select Google from the drop-down menu beside the search box used in the address bar. Your preferred web browser should now be set to an alternative one.
How to Make Google your Default Search Engine on Opera
In Opera, go to the Search engine page and change the search engine to Google. You need to follow the below steps.
- Open Opera on your desktop or Laptop.
- Choose the Opera logo in the upper left corner, followed by the Settings option.
- Go to the bottom of the web page, click the Address bar, and then click the search box.
- Now you can select Google Search from the selection on the right side of the screen.
How to Make Google your Default Search Engine on Android Browser
You can make Google your default search engine on Android Browser by following below the instructions.
- Open the Chrome app on your iOS or Android smartphone.
- Using an iPhone or iPad, click the three horizontal dots symbol in the bottom-right area of the screen.
- With an Android device, press the three vertical dots symbol in the top-right corner. In the drop-down menu, select the Settings option.
- On the following page, click Search Engine and choose Google; your preferred search engine should now be updated.
How to Make Google your Search Engine on Safari
That simply changes the default search engine that you’ve selected for the specific request. To make Google the default search engine in Safari on your iPhone/iPad or Mac, follow these steps.
How to Make Google your Search Engine on Mac
- Open the Safari browser on your desktop.
- Select Preferences from the settings menu or gear symbol in the browser’s top-right corner.
- For Mac users, open the option beside the Search engine in the Search bar.
- After choosing the search box and then, in the left corner, press the magnifying glass.
- From the list of options, select Google. Your preferred search engine will have been changed.
How to Make Google your Search Engine on iPhone/iPad
- Click the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select Settings from the options menu or click on the gear symbol in the browser’s top-right corner.
- Scroll down and select the Safari option.
- And choose Google from the Search Engine menu. Your primary search engine has to be set to a new one.
What is Default Search Engine and Benefits to Switch to Google
Once you mainly install a web browser, it’s usually pre-installed with a particular search engine operation, which means when you make a web search; it utilizes that particular search engine instead of another.
Replacing the search engine that is used by default just means selecting a new website for doing searches on. For example, Bing or Safari is your internet browser’s default search engine, and then you may change it to Google.
In this guide, we will go through the five best reasons you should consider switching to Google for the advantages.
Chrome is a relatively easy browser. The multi-tabbed browsing makes it easy to navigate the web. Once you close Chrome, it remembers which windows you previously opened, allowing you to resume where you left before. Chrome also has an integrated PDF viewer, rejecting requiring to install of other software. PDFs may also be printed, resized, and saved.
Security or Privacy
Chrome includes malware and phishing; avoiding it keeps you secure. It contains safe surfing functionality and will display a warning notification before visiting an unknown website. Chrome also automatically updates, ensuring that you are always running the most recent and up-to-date version. Chrome also allows you to maintain control over your personal information when browsing the web.
Make Google Chrome personal by modifying it. Add applications, extensions, and themes using the Google Chrome Web store. Applications and extensions keep you up to date on the most recent advances in performance, gaming, and education. Themes enable you to customize your browser with colors and visuals. You can also create customized themes.
When you share a computer with others, you may create more users to separate your bookmarks, programs, and extensions. Everything you modify on one device will be done instantly. Up to date on all other devices when you log in to Chrome. After you login in, you may choose which files you want to synchronize.
In Windows 11, how can I make Google my default search engine?
Select Privacy, search, and Services from the three-dot menu on the top left. Go down, click the Address bar, and then search below the Services area. Select your favorite engine for searching from the drop-down option beside the search box used in the address bar.
What makes Google the best search engine?
In general, such as Performance and Google produce results faster than any of the other search engines. It can provide millions of responses in 0.19 seconds. This can be due to the better technical structure compared to the other technologies.
What is the standard search engine?
The address window (omnibox) can be used as a search bar. It utilizes Google by default, but you may change this to a different search engine. You may have spyware if you observe unusual changes in your search engine.
Is Google a reliable default browser?
Google Chrome is our recommendation for the best all-over web browser. It's quick and integrates across all of your devices. You may search across the address bar, organize your browser tabs, and have a better experience.