JIO a revolution in networking and communication is now about to launch the JIO DTH TV Set-top box (the coming sensation from JIO) which is even suitable for 4K Ultra HD TVs, this is going to be released with a JIO fibre of 1 GB connectivity, by releasing the statement of JIO Set-top box they created a hike in millions of users.
jio media cable
So, this simple guide help to give detailed information on JIO TV DTH Set-top box features and setup through jio media cable.
Features of JIO DTH set-top box
The JIO DTH Set-top box is available in royal black colour, the front view of the JIO set-top box is.
The front side of JIO DTH set-top box has a USB port and an LED light view(to make a user to know whether the JIO DTH set-top box is ON/OFF), the look of JIO DTH Setup box is good in view and size of the box is also small so it occupies a small space.
As we come to the rear side of the JIO set-top box:
It consists of one more USB portal on the rear side (these USB portals are used when a user wants to stream a video after some time so, he can store it in a pen-drive), as usual, to connect to the TV three cable ports – 2 L-AUDIO ports (white and red), a CVBS port(yellow), it also has a single HDMI port and RJ45 port, this RJ45 port is used to connect to JIO fibre of 1GBps, by this a user can watch online JIO TV, NETFLIX, etc.
There is a power pin port where the given power input cable is to be connected.
Features of JIO DTH Setup Box
- 2 USB ports
- 1 HDMI port
- 1 RJ45 port
- cable in port
- online surfing of videos through JIO TV, NETFLIX, etc.
As we have seen the features and power and port connections in JIO set-top box now we will go to the setup of the Set-top box
JIO DTH TV Set-top box setup
- By using the HDMI cable that came with the set-top box we connect to the TV.
- Now turn ON both TV(Full HD TV) and the Set-top box.
- As we can see the TV set-up automatically goes to the HDMI port to which we connected the set-top box.
- if it doesn’t start automatic setup then go to these steps
- first take TV remote and then press the input button.
- Now there appear many input options.
- see the HDMI port number to which the set-top box is connected
- now select the HDMI port with the same number
- Now Jio starts installing
- and after 2 minutes there appear Tv channels
Options in JIO DTH Set-top box
- To view different options in the jio set-top box click the menu button on the remote. there appear three options
In the JIO there are 50 HD channels and there are many more normal channels
- After that, we can see TV guide on which we can search for any channel and can directly go into the channel.
- We can see a schedule recording option, which is used to record a live TV and can watch later, to enable the option first we need to connect a pen drive or a hard disk to the USB drive portal.
- And there are many more options like the internet, catch-up TV and many more.
JIO DTH set-top box vs other DTH set-top box
- JIO works with a network so there is no dish antenna used by JIO set-top box as others do.
- Even if there are rains the JIO works through net whereas others can’t.
- JIO gives free 50 HD channels with only monthly payment of approximately Rs.120/-
- In other set-top boxes USB ports are available only at high range (high cost) but JIO gives this port with low price
- the user interface of JIO is easy to work.
- JIO also gives the option of surfing and catch-up TV. Surfing is not provided by any set-top box. Catch-up TV is also rare. Catch-up TV is used to watch previous shows and episodes.
This is the cheapest HD set-top box in the range of approximately Rs.5000/-, the monthly bill may be 120/- rupees, it is small in size and a very user-free interface is available, So, JIO may bring a drastic change in digitization too, the JIO Set-top box will be available in online and as well as JIO stores too.
1 thought on “JIO DTH Set-top Box Setup & features – Complete Guide of JIO TV DTH Service”
Is there any recording facity on jio set top boxas is available on tataplay set top box?