Indian Railways are announced IRCTC Ticket Cancellation Charges for various types of cancellations in different stations. This simple guide help to know about online rail ticket cancellation, including cancellation fees and refunds.
IRCTC Cancellation Charges
So, keep reading the simple guide to know how much money is refunded on the Cancellation of the IRCTC Train Ticket by General & Tatkal/Premium Tatkal Ticket.
IRCTC Confirm Ticket Cancellation Charges
- If the ticket is cancelled more than 48 hours before the train’s scheduled departure, the following cancellation fees (per person) apply.
- 48 hours before the adventure begins: Refund less a minimum flat cancellation fee of
|1st AC/Executive class||Rs. 240|
|2 AC/1st Class||Rs. 200|
|3AC/ACC/3A Economy & AC Chair Car||Rs. 180|
|Second Sleeper Class (SL)||Rs. 120|
|Second Class||Rs. 60|
- Refund within 48 hours to 12 hours after subtracting 25% of the basic fare, subject to minimum flat cancellation costs.
- 12 hours and up to 4 hours: 50% of the basic ticket refunded, subject to the minimum flat cancellation charges.
- There will be no refund once the train has left.
Partially Confirmed Tickets
Tatkal e-tickets can be partially cancelled. Cancellation of e-tickets in the situation of a train cancellation If the train is indicated as “CANCELLED” in PRS because of breaches, floods, accidents, and so on, a full refund is permitted if the ticket is cancelled within three days before the train’s scheduled departure.
If anyone can cancel one or more persons in the conformed ticket without the full ticket cancellation needs to pay the IRCTC Cancelation Charges for the Person on the Ticket, and the charges payable as per the above table.
RAC Ticket Cancellation Charges
- If you cancel your RAC tickets up to 30 minutes before the train is scheduled to leave the station, you will receive a refund. A cancellation fee of Rs 60 + GST per person applies to the refund.
- After the chart is generated, a TDR must be filed at least 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of the train for a refund on RAC tickets.
- There will be no payment if a RAC ticket is not cancelled or a TDR is not filed within the timespan specified.
- If your RAC ticket is confirmed before you may cancel it, the refund terms for confirmed tickets will apply.
Waiting List Ticket Cancellation Charges
- If a wait-listed ticket is cancelled online, the fare will be refunded after deducting a cancellation fee of 20/- +GST per person if the ticket is cancelled up to four hours before the train’s scheduled departure.
- If all passengers on a ticket are still on the waiting list after the first charting, the user does not need to cancel such tickets. The system will immediately cancel such tickets, and the full refund will be refunded without any cancellation fees.
Confirm+RAC Ticket Cancellation Charges
- The RAC ticket may be bought on the IRCTC website, and the refund is credited to the customer’s account after subtracting the relevant costs.
- If the ticket is not cancelled or the Ticket Deposit Receipt (TDR) is not completed online up to four hours before the scheduled departure of the train, no refund of fare is provided.
- If the reservation charts have been produced for an e-Ticket (Confirmed or RAC), an online TDR must be completed in order to claim a refund.
- The online TDR should be filed within 72 hours of the train arriving at the passenger’s destination, and the original certificate provided by the ticket-checking personnel should be mailed to IRCTC.
- IRCTC will return the travel fare to the customer’s bank account following proper verification.
IRCTC TDR Filing
- Please sign in to your IRCTC account at https://www.irctc.co.in/nget/train-search.
- Choose the booking for which you want to file the TDR from the booking list.
- Select the File TDR option, To receive a TDR refund, choose the passenger’s name from the ticket information.
- If you choose others, choose the reason from the list box or write the reason.
- To file the TDR, press the Submit button.
- A new text box will appear if the “Other” choice is selected.
- The customer can fill out the reason information and then press the Submit button.
- When the TDR is completed, a confirmation message will be displayed. If the details are correct, Click “OK” in the notification window.
- Their TDR was successfully completed.
- PNR Number, Transaction ID, Reference number, TDR Status, and Reason will be displayed on the TDR Entry Confirmation page.
IRCTC Train Cancelled Refund
In the situation of a full cancellation of trains from origin to destination, an automatic full refund of the fee on confirmed e-tickets will be instantly refunded back to the account from which the booking transaction was made, and no online cancellation or TDR filing is necessary for such situations for usage.
IRCTC Cancelation Charges by Train Late More than 3 Hours
If the train is more than three hours late for its scheduled departure, there will be no cancellation fee. In such cases, travellers with confirmed, RAC, or wait-listed tickets will get a full refund.
- The train is more than three hours late reaching the passenger boarding station.
- TDRs are submitted online previous to the train’s departure in order to get a complete refund.
- All passengers reported on a PNR have not departed.
IRCTC Cancelation Charges if Train Diverted
If your train is diverted from its chosen route and you do not wish to travel along the new route, you can receive a full refund. You must request a TDR up to 72 hours before the train’s scheduled departure time from the station where you are going to board.
IRCTC Ticket Cancellation at PRS Counter
Railway Enquiry 139 helps to cancel IRCTC Counter Ticket Cancelation by Passenger Reservation SystemPassenger Reservation System (PRS).
By Sending an SMS to 139 with complete details of the Ticket the Railway Counter Ticket will be cancelled, and a refund will be issued at any IRCTC Counter.
SMS Format for IRCTC PRS Counter Ticket Cancelation
To cancel send an SMS from any mobile number in a simple format.
Enter the text CANCEL (PNR Number) (Train Number) to 139.
For Example, CANCEL 1234567 12138 Send to 139.
- Within the stipulated period of time, the authorized refundable amount must be collected only at the journey starting station or close to satellite PRS stations defined by Zonal Railway.
- Cancellation of Confirmed Tickets more than 48 hours before the train’s scheduled departure.