In recent years, dark mode has become a visually appealing and energy-efficient choice for different digital platforms and apps. Threads, a social media texting app created by Facebook, allows users to interact easily with their close friends and share information throughout the day.
To improve the user experience and provide customization choices, Threads has added a dark mode feature. Dark mode provides a sleek and modern look and offers several useful benefits, such as reducing eye pain and saving battery life on devices with OLED or AMOLED screens.
Whether you’re using Threads on a smartphone, tablet, or computer, the app offers choices to adjust your watching experience according to your taste. In this piece, we will explore how to enable dark mode in Threads on different devices, ensuring you can enjoy a visually comfortable chat experience regardless of your platform.
Dark Mode in Threads
Dark Mode in Threads is a feature that allows users to switch the app’s layout to a darker color scheme, offering a visually pleasing and relaxing experience, especially in low-light situations. Enabling dark mode in Threads offers several perks, including reduced eye strain, better reading, and possibly longer battery life on devices with OLED or AMOLED screens.
The Threads app doesn’t have a built-in way to change between dark and light modes. However, you can select dark mode on your iOS or Android device, and Threads will follow that setting. If you want to use light mode in the app regardless of your device settings, unfortunately, there is no choice available for that.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Web (Windows PC/Laptop)
To set Dark Mode on a Windows PC or laptop for web viewing, you can follow these steps:
- Open the online browser you use, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge etc.
- Look for the browser’s settings button, generally indicated by three dots or lines in the top-right part of the window.
- Click on the settings button to open it, and then look for an option called “Settings” or “Preferences.” Click on it.
- Within the options or choices, look for a part related to “Appearance” or “Themes.”
- In the look or themes area, you may find a button or drop-down choice that allows you to switch between light and dark modes. Enable the dark mode choice.
- If there is no built-in dark mode choice in the browser settings, you can look for browser addons or themes that provide a dark mode feature. These can be found in the browser’s application store or theme gallery.
- Once you have enabled dark mode in the browser settings or loaded a dark mode plugin, the web pages you visit should now show in dark mode.
How to Enable Dark Mode on iOS (iPhone/iPad)
To enable Dark Mode on iOS mobile apps, including iPhone and iPad, you can follow these steps:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iOS device.
- Scroll down and tap on “Display & Brightness.”
- In the “Appearance” area, you will see two options: “Light” and “Dark.” Tap on “Dark” to start Dark Mode.
- Once you select Dark Mode, the entire iOS screen, including built-in apps and approved third-party apps, will switch to a dark color scheme.
- Exit the settings, and Dark Mode will be added to your device.
- When you use iOS mobile apps, including third-party apps like Threads, they will automatically adopt Dark Mode, depending on your system settings.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Android Phone/Tab
To enable Dark Mode on an Android phone, you can follow these general steps:
- Open the “Settings” app on your Android device. You can usually find it in the app’s icon or by swiping down from the top of the screen and tapping the gear button.
- Scroll down and look for the “Display” or “Display & Brightness” choice. Tap on it.
- Depending on the Android version and device manufacturer, you may find a “Dark Mode” or “Theme” option. Tap on it.
- If you see a “Dark Mode” button, switch it on to enable Dark Mode. If there isn’t a specific “Dark Mode” option, look for a “Theme” option instead.
- In the “Theme” area, you may find different choices like “Light,” “Dark,” or “Automatic.” Choose the “Dark” option to start Dark Mode.
- Once established, the system screen and compatible apps will switch to a dark color scheme.
- Exit the settings, and Dark Mode will be added to your Android device.
Does the Threads app include a built-in Dark Mode feature?
No, the Threads app does not feature a simple option to choose Dark Mode inside the app itself.
How can I establish Dark Mode in Threads on my device?
Threads app leans on your device's default settings for Dark Mode. If Dark Mode is selected on your smartphone, Threads will automatically follow that setting.
Can I switch Threads to Light Mode even though my Smartphone is in Dark Mode?
Unfortunately, no alternative is available to convert Threads to Light Mode, regardless of your device's system settings. The app's design is related to the device's Dark Mode setting.
How can I activate Dark Mode on iOS (iPhone/iPad) for Threads?
To support Dark Mode for Threads on iOS, you need to activate Dark Mode at the system level. Go to “Settings“, then “Display & Brightness,” and pick “Dark” as the appearance. Threads will then utilize Dark Mode when initiated.
How do I establish Dark Mode on Android for Threads?
On most Android devices, you may enable Dark Mode for Threads by setting Dark Mode at the system level. Go to “Settings,” then “Display” or “Display & Brightness,” and choose “Dark” as the theme or activate the “Dark Mode” option. Threads will enter Dark Mode instantly.