Customizing the Run Workout Screen on your Apple Watch allows you to personalize the information displayed while you’re running, making it more convenient and tailored to your preferences. This feature gives you the freedom to choose which metrics and data you want to see at a glance, ensuring that your running experience is both informative and motivating.
By customizing the Run Workout screen, you can easily access data during your run, helping you monitor performance, track progress, and stay motivated throughout your workout. It adds to the usability and personal touch of your Apple Watch during running sessions. Once you’ve customized the Run Workout screen, you can begin your run while keeping track of the metrics that matter most to you.
Getting to the Run Screen in the Apple Watch Workout App
To access the Run screen in the Apple Watch Workout app and view the customized metrics from your Workout Preferences, follow these steps:
- To begin, open the Workout app icon on your device. It should be an icon featuring a running figure.
- Once you have successfully opened the Workout app, you will be presented with a variety of workout options to choose from.
- To browse through the workouts. Swipe up or down on the screen or use the Digital Crown to scroll.
- Select the running workout based on your preference for indoor running. Look for options like “Outdoor Run” or “Indoor Run.”
- After choosing your desired running workout, simply tap it once to initiate tracking and start your run.
- You will then be taken to the Run Screen, where you can customize and view metrics while beginning your run.
How can Customize the run workout screen on watchOS 9 and Newer Versions
Apple frequently releases updates for watchOS, which may include features or modifications to existing ones. If you want to personalize the Run Workout Screen on your Apple Watch, follow these steps:
- Open the Workout app by locating it on your device.
- Select either Outdoor Run or Indoor Run from the options.
- Look for the three dots positioned in the corner of the screen and tap on them.
- Tap on Preferences to access the customization settings.
- Within Preferences. Select Outdoor Run Workout Views.
- To change a workout view, tap on the pencil icon to its preview.
- Use the “+” or “-” buttons next to each metric to add or remove them as desired.
- If you wish to modify how a specific metric is displayed or replace it with another one, tap on that, e.g., Heart Rate, Running Mile, Average Pace).
- To exit from Outdoor Run Workout Views. Return back to your screen and tap on the X icon.
Additional Settings to Customize for Run Workouts on Apple Watch
In addition to Customizing the metrics displayed on the Run Workout Screen, you have the ability to customize run workout settings and options on your Apple Watch. This allows you to enhance your running experience and make it more tailored to your preferences.
- During your run, you have the option to set targets like a desired distance, time, or calorie burn.
- You can also receive alerts for metrics such as heart rate and pace.
- For added personalization, you can customize alerts that gently vibrate to let you know when you’ve achieved milestones such as reaching a distance goal or hitting a heart rate.
- If you prefer customized workout intervals with goals and durations, that’s also possible.
- Additionally, it’s possible to monitor your running power and track the elevation gain and loss during your runs.
- Lastly, keeping an eye on your progress towards closing your Activity Rings is also an option while running.
How to Customize Your Run Workout Goals on Apple Watch
Setting goals for your running workouts on an Apple Watch is a way to establish specific objectives and monitor your advancement. Here are the simple steps on how you can achieve this;
- To begin, open the Workout application on your Apple Watch.
- Next, navigate to either the Outdoor Run or Indoor Run option and tap on the three dots situated in the corner.
- Scroll downwards until you find the Preferences section, and proceed to tap on it. Then select ‘Goals’ from the options.
- Now, you have the choice to set a goal based on Distance, Pace, or Time. Choose whichever type of goal suits your preferences.
- Afterward, make any adjustments to the goal value according to your desired target. Once done simply tap on the ‘Done’ button to save your changes.
How to Create a Custom Run Workout on Apple Watch
After you’ve made a workout on your iPhone, it will automatically sync to your Apple Watch. Here’s how you can find it:
- Start by opening the Workout app on your Apple Watch.
- To find Outdoor Run or Indoor Run Scroll. Search the three dots located in the corner.
- Scroll down until you see Workout Intervals and tap on it.
- Tap on Add Interval.
- Select the desired goal and duration for the interval.
- If you want to add intervals, tap on Add Interval again.
- Once you have added all your intervals, tap Done.
Move Over Garmin, the Apple Watch Is All You Need for Running
For a while now, Garmin has been the choice for runners. However, the Apple Watch is rapidly gaining ground. To assist you in making a decision, here are some factors to consider.
- Accurate GPS tracking: The GPS tracking on the Apple Watch is highly accurate and comparable to Garmin’s performance.
- Extensive tracking metrics: Regarding tracking metrics for runners, the Apple Watch offers a range of data. It captures information such as pace, distance, elevation, heart rate, cadence, and stride length. This valuable data enables you to monitor your progress over time and identify areas where you can enhance your running technique.
- Smart coaching: One of the standout features of the Apple Watch is its coaching capability during runs. It provides real-time guidance by alerting you if you’re running fast or too slow or if your pace lacks consistency. This Customized coaching helps you maintain performance throughout your run.
How can I customize the Run Workout Screen on my Apple Watch?
To personalize the Run Workout Screen, start by opening the Workout app. Choose a workout like “Outdoor Run”. Swipe right to find customization options. From there, you have the freedom to adjust metrics according to your preferences by adding, removing, or rearranging them.
How do I change the order of metrics on the Run Workout Screen?
To re-arrange the sequence of metrics simply. Hold a metric on the Run Workout Screen, then drag it to your preferred position.
Which metrics can I customize on the Run Workout Screen?
You have the option to personalize the metrics such as distance, duration, pace, heart rate, and calories. Other factors. The metrics that are accessible might differ based on the model of your watch and the version of watchOS you have.
How do I know which metrics are most important to me?
The metrics that matter the most to you will vary based on your objectives and running technique. For instance, if you’re preparing for a marathon, your attention might be drawn towards pace and distance. On the other hand, if you’re aiming to enhance your running efficiency, cadence and vertical oscillation might take precedence.
For more information about Using the Workout app on your Apple Watch, visit Apple’s official help form at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204523.