Smartphones enable you to track your mobile data consumption. It is a standard feature on Android and iPhone that operates completely out of the package and is also quite simple to set up and use. When you’re new to Android and asking how to use this specific function, you’ve come to the perfect find.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to checking your mobile data utilize on Android and iPhone. This post will show you the best way to track your data usage through your iPhone or Android phone or a trusted wireless provider like AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, and others.
How Much Data Do I Have Left on My Phone
Select your device from the list below and follow the instructions to access the data use section on the device you are using.
- Open the Settings application.
- Choose the Cellular option.
- It demonstrates how much data you’ve used below Mobile Data, to the right of the Current Period.
- Keep scrolling to the bottom of the page, below all of the listed applications, to view the current period. It displays how much data you have left on your phone and your total data usage.
How to Check Data Usage on Your Phone
Your Android or iPhone can be capable of playing 4K movies with the highest screen resolution, but the mobile internet might get reduced in the process. As a result, you need to track your phone’s mobile data usage on a regular schedule. You can check your Android or iPhone data usage by following the instructions below.
How to Check Data Usage on iPhone
You can check data usage on your iPhone by following the given steps.
- Open your iPhone’s Settings application.
- Now, from the available options, select the Mobile data option.
- Click on the mobile data option after you’ve found it.
- On the following page, Scroll down to view the mobile data usage option.
- Maintain a close watch on the ‘Current Period’ option.
- The most recent period displays the total amount of data you have utilized in the last month.
- You can track the data utilized for all your phone applications to see which ones consume the most data.
How to Check Data Usage on Android
The method used for checking mobile data use on Android phones is slightly different from that of iPhones. Here are steps you can track your Android phone’s mobile data usage.
- Similarly, go to your Android Smartphone’s Settings application.
- Then look for Tap Network & Internet Internet.
- Next to your carrier, tap Settings; at the top, you’ll see how much total data you use.
- Go to data usage by clicking on connections.
- The overall mobile data utilized is displayed here. Also, mobile data used for different applications on your phone are separated.
- There is also a chance to set a data limit here.
How to Check Your Data Usage With Xfinity
Check the iPhone and Android information for mobile users. Each phone number is restricted to a specific quantity of data. Data cannot be collected and transferred across all phone numbers linked to an account. There are two methods to track your data consumption as an Xfinity member if you have access to cable and home internet, the website, or the mobile application.
- Sign in to the website https://Xfinity.com on any web browser.
- And search under the plan you have for Monthly Data Usage.
- Click the Internet option in the Xfinity application, and then select the Your Data Usage option at the bottom.
- Now you’ll be able to check how much you’ve been using throughout the past few weeks.
How to Check Your Data Usage through Network Carrier
Many mobile phone Network Carriers, including AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint, implement data use limits. High data usage increases your monthly phone price, provided you have an unlimited data plan. Your data is used when you use applications like music and video players on 3G, 4G, or 5G instead of Wi-Fi.
How to Check Data Usage With AT&T
- You can keep track of AT&T data utilization by dialing *3282# (*DATA#).
- AT&T is going to send you a free message by text detailing the following billing data, the total amount of data usage, and any extra data usage. If you have a plan for a family, you can check the usage of each phone on your account.
- The myATT application is available on Google Play and the Apple App Store. It provides an appealing user interface to manage how your data is used.
How to Check Data Usage With Verizon
Configure usage alerts, keep track of who and which applications are using data and set limitations by application or user through the My Verizon application. It is available on Google Play and the Apple App Store.
According to the plan you have for data, the My Verizon application’s Security Mode will allow you to continue using data after you’ve used up your monthly limit, but at a lower rate. It’s a reliable method of avoiding data exceeding charges.
- Verizon offers a number of tools for keeping track of your data usage, such as a message report.
- You can receive a text message alert detailing your data usage by dialing #3282 (#DATA).
- When you keep on the phone line, Verizon will continue to give the information through voice calls.
How to Check Data Usage With T-Mobile
T-Mobile’s app provides basic utilization of data reports as well as controls of its Binge On activity. When activated, Binge on increases video as you watch it to save bandwidth. The Binge-watching complete seasons on Netflix doesn’t have to use up the full month’s data limit.
- You will get a short text message when you reach 80% and 100% of your account’s minutes, messages, and data usage.
- You may also check the status at any moment by dialing #WEB# (#932#).
- The T-Mobile application is available on both Google Play and the Apple Store. It includes an appealing user experience for controlling how your data is used.
How to Check Data Usage With Sprint
The Sprint Mobile application available on Google Play and Apple Store can record your usage by payment period, but you’ll have to sign in to your My Sprint account online to see the options to limit user and application data.
- You can receive an audio overview of your messages, data usage, and message usage.
- Dial ‘*4‘ You will also be able to get your use through text messages.
- When you have an entire family plan, the person with the main account will receive notifications when any of the users arrive at 75%, 90%, or 100% of their plan’s utilization.
How to Check Data Usage With Cricket
Following a specified amount of data at present 22 GB/month, Cricket has the right to “temporarily slow data speeds while the internet connection is overloaded.” getting track of just how much data was consumed at the all-you-can-consume data may be useful if you primarily use your phone for watching the video.
- Go to the website https://cricketwireless.com/myaccount.
- Cricket is unable to automatically provide text message usage notifications.
- To maintain the right track, use the myCricket application, which is accessible on Google Play and the Apple Store.
- Cricket promotes plans with limitless data, so you may not see the need to track usage. However, there is a catch.
How to Check Data Usage With Boost Mobile
Many Boost Mobile plans provide limitless usage of data and will notify you of any data consumption during your payment period. But similar to Cricket’s limitless data providing, you get accessibility to a limited quantity of data at high speeds before being restricted back to a slower network.
- Once you utilize your high-speed data limit, Boost will give you alerts.
- You may also keep track of usage by signing into your Boost Mobile account online.
- Also, you may get the My Boost Mobile application available at Google Play and Apple Store.
- You can closely monitor data usage and analyze incoming and outgoing calls and texts.
How can I check out how much data I still have on my phone?
Go to the Settings option, Mobile Data, or Settings and Mobile to check how much mobile data you've used. If you have an iPad, go to the Settings option and Mobile Data. Slide down to see which applications use mobile data. If you are not interested in an app to utilize mobile data, you can disable it.
How can I turn on and off mobile data?
Using the fast settings, you may immediately switch on or off your mobile data. Swiping down on the two dots at the top of the screen will take you to your fast settings.
How can I check my remaining mobile data and set a limit?
You can find out how much mobile data you have left by comparing how much mobile data you consumed in the current billing period to your allocation. You have a data notification when you have used a specific amount of data or set data limitations that will switch off your mobile connection when you reach a certain limit of data.
Which of my applications consumes a lot of mobile data, and how can I limit it?
When you smart phone does not have access to a Wi-Fi network, any application that needs an internet connection will begin using your mobile data. On the data use settings menu, clicked Mobile data usage to see how much data each of your applications is using.