MTP Kit (Medical Termination of Pregnancy Kit). This is a medical termination pack, also known as an MTP Kit consisting of two medicines, Mifepristone and Misoprostol, which are used to end a pregnancy medically.
This is the normal dose advised in most of the treatment situations as directed by your doctor then you must proceed with a Mifepristone dosage. your doctor will provide you with all of the information you need, including MTP Kit tablet usage, timing, and side effects.
We Strongly advise using only your doctor’s guidance or advice, they will assist you based on your health condition and etc, otherwise, you will face a lot of issues.
Benefits of the MTP Kit
- MTP Kit is used to produce abortion in the early stages of pregnancy.
- It is used until the tenth week of pregnancy.
- The MTP Kit may be used at home, no need to visit the hospital.
- This medication completely reduces the natural female hormone progesterone, which is required for your pregnancy to proceed.
- It does not need anaesthesia or surgical equipment, providing it with less forceful and safer alternatives to surgical operations.
- This Kit gives a personal and secure method of terminating a pregnancy, which is very helpful for women who want to keep the pregnancy secret.
Buy MTP Kit online
MTP kits may be ordered online in India through licensed online pharmacies and e-commerce websites. Even so, while ordering drugs online, it is necessary to take precautions and only buy from trusted and authorized providers. Also, because the MTP kit is a prescription-based drug, you must have a prescription provided by the healthcare professional in order to purchase it online.
MTP Kit Price
To know more about the price of a medical termination of pregnancy (MTP), the cost of an MTP kit may be different from person to person or case to case depending on different conditions.
- MTP Kit price depends on the brand, dosage, pack size, location, and availability.
- Minimum price from up to Rs.400 and Maximum price up to Rs.2500.
How to use MTP Kit at Home
- MTP Kit is available in the form of Tablets.
- MTP Kit must be taken before or after meals. These Tablets cannot be broken or chewed instead, they should be consumed as full tablets.
- It should only be taken as directed by your doctor or physician.
- The dosage and duration of the medication are decided by the person’s age, body weight, and medical history, keep following the advice of your doctor.
- Please follow your doctor’s instructions and avoid overdosing on this medication.
- Check the manufacturer date, expiry date and label before use.
How MTP Kit Works
MTP KIT includes Mifepristone and reduces the amount of the progesterone hormone, which women need to maintain their pregnancy. Misoprostol causes the uterus to contract and expand, resulting in the pregnancy being stopped. As a result, the combination of Mifepristone and Misoprostol results in pregnancy loss.
How Many times MTP Kit Can be Used
If you are less than 9 weeks pregnant, you will stop your pregnancy for how can be used with abortion tablets on the advice of your doctor.
- MTP Kit should only be used to stop a pregnancy before 63 days (9 weeks). And it MTP Kit is not used for stopping pregnancies later 63 days.
- From Day 1, Mifepristone (200mg) is taken orally at the clinic or at home.
- Before taking the misoprostol tablets, a few women will have a complete abortion.
- The second medicine, 4 tablets of Misoprostol (200mg), is normally given 24-48 hours after the first medicine.
- You can take all four misoprostol tablets at once or in two separate sets of two tablets, two hours later.
- Follow-up with a medical professional within 14 days is required to confirm the safe abortion and verify there are no issues.
How to take MTP Kit Dose
Some many points must be taken before and after using an MTP Kit to maintain a safe and effective process. The below-given points clarify important points while utilizing an MTP Kit.
- Before you take the MTP Kit dose, inform your doctor if you have previously had an unwanted pregnancy, are nursing, or use an intrauterine device.
- MTP Kit should be taken either before or after food. These tablets are not to be broken or eaten.
- It is usually taken into the mouth by swallowing the tablets with a glass of water.
- Each pill must be placed between the cheek and gums for 30 minutes. After that, any remaining pieces are swallowed with water.
- Wait 24 to 48 hours before taking another tablet by mouth in a single dosage, as directed by your doctor.
- You should get a lot of rest after taking the dosage because it could produce stomach pain or heavy bleeding, which can lead to abortion.
- While taking the MTP kit dose, you should avoid hard activities such as alcohol consumption, physical exercise, jogging, and driving during an abortion because it may stop the bleeding.
- Please keep in mind that each patient and their condition is specific. Thus, the dose may change depending on the condition, patient age, and medical history.
Usage of MTP Kit
The MTP Kit is usually used to stop a pregnancy. MTP Kit can be used for a number of purposes. Both major and minor usages are mentioned below.
- Termination of Pregnancy
- Maintaining Blood Sugar Levels
- Labor Induction
- Breast Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Injury
- Treats Meningioma
- Duodenal Ulcer
- Gastric Ulcer
- Menses Induction
Side Effects of MTP Kit
Below are some of the possible side effects of using an MTP Kit. If you see any of these side effects, please contact your doctor or physician.
- Stomach Cramps.
- Uterine Contractions.
- Difficulty in Urination.
- Loss of Strength.
- Heavy Menstrual Bleeding.
- Abdominal Pain.
- Decreased Appetite.
Contact your doctor to get complete information about MTP Kit and they will guide you if it is needed.