All main messaging applications allow users to react directly to particular messages from a single sender. This is useful since it allows you to reply to an older message rather than the most current one sent. This function is very handy in group conversations. Instagram was a little slow to add this feature.
How to Respond to a Specific Instagram Message on iOS
The procedure is simple! For iPhone users, here’s how to respond to an Instagram message.
- To start, launch the “Instagram” app on your iPhone.
- Click the messenger icon in the upper right corner of your screen from the service.
- Choose a private or group conversation from your messages.
- Find the particular message to which you want to respond.
- Swipe right on it, then tap the “reply” icon to enter your message.
- You may also type your response at the bottom of the screen while keeping your finger on the screen above the sender’s message.
- The message from the sender will now show above the text entry section. Type in your response to send it.
How to Respond to a Specific Instagram Message on Android
Responding to a specific Instagram message on an Android is like iPhone. Here’s how to go about it.
- Log in and go to your Instagram account.
- In the top right corner of the screen, tap the messages button.
- Select a discussion that contains the message to which you wish to respond.
- Swipe to the right after tapping and holding the message.
- Enter your response here.
How to Respond to a Specific Message on Instagram – Desktop
- Start a web browser on your computer and enter ‘https://Instagram.com‘.
- Choose the ‘Messenger‘ icon at the top of the display from the stream.
- Select the message to which you wish to respond in the conversation.
- Press the ‘horizontal dots‘ button next to the message.
- Select ‘Reply‘ from the drop-down menu.
- Type in your response to send it. Your message will be attached to the message to which you answered.
Option to update Instagram Messages
- Click on Instagram Settings.
- At the top, tap the “Update Messaging” button.
- On the page that states ‘There’s a new method to message on Instagram,’ tap ‘Update‘.
- The DM symbol at the top right of the Instagram app will be replaced with the Messenger icon after messaging has been upgraded.