Instagram is a well-known social networking application in the world. It enables users to speak with and connect with individuals all around the world. Users of Instagram have the facility to share photos, videos, stories and etc to make followers, which helps to grow as a celebrity if you are a common individual.
Delete Instagram Account
Based on personal reasons some users are going to delete their Instagram accounts. Before deleting their account, should closely review if you truly want it or not. Because it is so simple to sign up and also terminate your account whenever you want.
Once proceed to deletion there is no way to restore the account, and you will lose all of your timeline posts, reels, followers, comments, and favourites. If you think you might wish to recover things after, deactivate temporarily your account instead of removing it.
Delete Instagram Account Permanently
This simple guide helps to delete or deactivate your Instagram account temporarily or permanently as per the timeline based on your request. Follow the steps to close or hold your Insta account in a simple manner.
How to Delete Instagram Account?
Most of the users are accessing their Insta accounts through Android mobile applications because android OS has a higher market share in the mobile phone market. The below steps help to delete an Instagram account on any Android device.
- Open the Instagram App on your mobile and Log in by Username and Password.
- Go to the menu located below the right corner, and tap on the 3 lines symbol at the top right corner.
- Now Proceed with Settings> Accounts> Click on ‘Delete Account‘.
- Proceed to confirm to delete the account, before that fill in the question and click on ‘Delete Account‘.
How to Delete an Instagram Account Permanently?
- Proceed with the link at any web browser https://www.instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent/
- Now log in to your Instagram account.
- You will be redirected to an account delete page.
- Choose a security question from the drop-down list.
- Now type the reasonable answer to the question.
- Now you are directed to the ‘Delete your Account‘ page.
- Re-enter your account password to confirm again.
- Now click ‘Permanently Delete my Account‘.
How to Deactivate Instagram Account Temporarily?
- Log in to your Instagram account on the web version.
- Click on your ‘Profile Picture’ and go to the ‘Profile’ section.
- Tap on ‘Edit Profile‘, and scroll down to see the ‘Temporarily Disable My Account‘ option.
- Now type a reasonable answer to the question.
- Re-enter your password and confirm your decision.
Now you have successfully submitted a request for the temporary disabling or deactivating of your Instagram account. After that, you will reactivate your account when you need to get reactivated again.
How to Delete Instagram Account on iPhone?
- Log in to your Instagram Account on iPhone or iOS Devices.
- Tap the ‘Profile Picture‘ icon in the lower-right corner of the screen to open the ‘Settings‘ menu.
- Tap on More (three horizontal lines) in the top-right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Select Account Scroll to the bottom and select ‘Delete Account‘.
- Tap on ‘Delete Account‘ once again and continue deleting the account to ‘Confirm‘ your decision.
- Instagram display the account deactivation option on mobile.
- Select the reason for cancelling your Instagram account from the drop-down option.
- Enter your Instagram password again in the text box that appears under, then press the ‘Delete Button‘.
Important Points to Remember
- Your profile and all of your information will be permanently erased 30 days after you request deletion, and you will not be able to access it.
- After you deactivate your account, you may join up again with the same username or add that username to another account as long as it hasn’t been stolen by a new Instagram user.
- It may take up to 90 days to finish the deletion procedure once it begins. After 90 days, copies of your stuff may remain in backup storage used by the Instagram management system to recover in the case of a disaster, software fault, or other data loss occurs.