Change Wifi Router Password: In general, all the major companies’ routers like D-link are assigned with an IP address 192.168.0.1 and this IP address is for a variety of routers like even Netgear, this default address can be changed using the network management console whenever a user wants.
192.168.0.1 is a private IPV4 network address. The network management console can be accessed through a browser by searching http://192.168.0.1 in the search bar, this can be used whenever a user gets any problem, the system may be a computer or phone.
A default gateway can be set up using a home-use router, by browsing 192.168.0.1 user can solve any issues, it is the only equipment that can solve any related problems without making any address conflicts.
What is possible with 192.168.0.1?
When the user enters 192.168.0.1 user gets full access to the router admin, the user will go directly to the administrative panel from here, by getting to the router’s administration panel PROXY, DNS (Domain Name server), WAN Protocol setting, NAT virtual server.
The process to get 192.168.0.1 IP address
Type 192.168.0.1 in the browser and the pop-up box opens, you have to enter a username and password in the pop-up box, nowadays the router has become one of the daily life electronic gadgets as Networking is spreading its wings across the world.
The WiFi Router connects different devices to the network interface, any user needed to use the username and password to log in to the router credential interface and then can configure router settings, as it’s generally human nature to forget something after a long time. So, when a user forgets the router management console username and password there is no need to panic and there is a solution to recover.
How do find out the IP Address of the WiFi Router
The WiFi router assign’s each connected device an IP address, if a user changes the IP address of the computer and if it’s not in the router’s local area network then the user couldn’t connect to the router (fail to connect).
How to set computers IP address correctly
No matter which system a user is using (maybe MAC or PC) it should be set to an auto addressing option named ‘Obtain an IP address automatically, in windows system first user should find ‘local area connection’ and get into properties and then get into TCP/IP(internet protocol) choose to get ‘obtain an IP address automatically’, now the computer tries to get IP address within router’s network.
It is similar to any system. A user should not set IP by himself.
192.168.o.1 Change Password
The below steps can be used to change the router password:
- The first user needs to log in to the WiFi router control panel by typing the router’s default IP address if you don’t know your Router’s default IP address by using the information given above.
- After finding your Router IP address. We should see the prompt where we have to enter a username and password, after entering your username and password for the Router click “login” and you will get the Router administration interface.
- Next, you have to search for the Security or administrative tab in the Router administration interface. There you will see a link which is for password changing “Change Password”.
- Click on the change password link and create a new password for the router. Make sure the password is strong.
Default Router with login IP List
- 3Com: http://192.168.1.1
- BenQ: http://192.168.1.1
- Belkin: http://192.168.2.1
- D-Link: http://192.168.0.1
- TP-Link: http://192.168.1.1
- Digicom: http://192.168.1.254
- Linksys: http://192.168.1.1
- Netgear: http://192.168.0.1
The above is the default login pages for different branded routers.