Strikethrough is a text character format in which a line appears through the chosen text. It is easily changed because it is a format. Google Docs is the best online word-processing application with a number of options.
When you’re writing a document in Google Docs and need to change some words and not totally remove them, you must use the strikethrough formatting option. Learning more about the strikethrough tool may be helpful.
Google Docs Strikethrough
Strikethrough is a type of feature that generates a horizontal line right through the middle of a sentence or word in your selected text. The strikethrough mark does not cover the information behind it, so the reader is able to view the words you’re striking through.
It enables another reader to see and, if required, undo the changes made by other users to a document. The strikethrough option enables the readers to strike out sentences of their writing process by creating a line across it.
But other than removing unnecessary sentences in a paragraph, it may also add gather readers’ interest. It’s another option in the writer’s options for making the text pass out.
How to Strikethrough in Google Docs (Step by Step)
The following steps will allow the user to use the strikethrough option in the Google Docs format feature.
- First, you need to sign in to your google account and go to Google Docs. A window will be opened.
- You should select the word or sentence you want to strikethrough.
- Select the “Format” option from the menu bar.
- The Format drop-down menu will be shown.
- Drag your mouse over the “Text” option.
- A further drop-down menu will open up.
- Choose the “Strike-through” option from the option list.
- Once you can click the strikethrough option then your selected text will be struck off.
How to Strikethrough on the Google Docs App (Android and iOS)
You can use the Google Docs app on an Android or iOS smartphone, you may add strikethrough by the following the steps given below.
- Open the Google Docs app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
- After, open the document you want to modify or create a new document.
- You need to select the word or sentence you want to strikethrough.
- To modify your text selections, click the blue pencil symbol in the bottom-right corner.
- Now, in the upper right corner, touch the ‘Format‘ button (letter A with four lines).
- A new menu with the options “Text” and “Paragraph” opens.
- Choose “Text” and then click the strikethrough option, which is an “S” symbol with a line through it.
- Once you press the symbol, the strikethrough effect is added to the selected text automatically.
With Google Documents, you may strikethrough using the following keyboard shortcuts.
- You can select the text you want to strike off.
- Press Alt+Shift+5 on Windows.
- Press Command+Shift+X on a Mac.
- You can remove the strikethrough using the same keyboard shortcuts.
- Clear formatting will remove all other strikethrough formatting related to the highlighted part.
- You can clear the all strikethrough text by using the keyboard shortcuts are:
- Press Ctrl + \ for Windows.
- Press Command + \ for Mac.
Strikethrough your Text In Google Docs
While we go into how to strike out text in Google Documents, it’s a good idea to understand how you’d want to strikethrough text. There are multiple causes for this, you need to follow the below instructions.
Checking strikethrough off your list: When you’re a page writer, you understand there’s nothing more satisfying than crossing items off your list. Strikethrough allows you to do this digitally, so you can see how much progress you’ve made on a Google Documents to-do list.
Strikethrough text without losing: It’s usual to make changes while writing and backspace to erase words that are not completely correct. But, when you’re undecided about something and don’t want to erase it, a strikethrough maintains the content but communicates your doubt. Then you may return to it later to decide if you want to use it or not.
Strikethrough indicating a change in your thinking: Writers generally use strikethrough text to show that they have changed their minds about something. This is also a simple method to add phrases to a published article. The strikethrough helps indicate that the writer started to say something before they changed their opinion to express it in a more proper or reliable manner.
How to Remove Strikethrough
When a user has formed the text in strikethrough style and wants to clear the styling, you can do so by following the easy steps described below.
- Login to your Gmail account and visit Google Docs.
- You must select text with a strikethrough.
- Click the “Format” tab from the menu.
- The Format drop-down menu will open.
- Move the mouse over the “Text” option.
- A new drop-down menu will show up.
- Keep choosing the “Strike-through” option from the list of options.
- After you click the strikethrough button, your selected text strikethrough will be removed.
Remove Strikethrough on a PC
To remove the strikethrough on your Computer, follow these steps:
- First, you have to open Google Docs on your PC by signing your google account.
- Open your document for removing strikethrough the text that needs to be and select the strikethrough text.
- To remove strikethrough from the text, use the keyboard strokes Alt+Shift+5 if you want to use keyboard shortcuts.
- If you are unable to use keystrokes, go to the “Format” menu and select it.
- To remove the formatting, select “Text” and then “Strikethrough” from the drop-down menu.
- Now, your strikethrough will be removed from your PC.
Remove Strikethrough on a Mac
To remove the strikethrough format on your Mac, follow these steps.
- On your Mac computer, open Google docs using your Google account.
- Edit your document and strikethrough the text that needs to be removed.
- Then, you can select strikethrough text.
- When you want to use keyboard shortcuts, use ‘Command+Shift+X’ to remove the strikethrough from the text.
- Instead, go to the menu bar and choose the “Format” option.
- Choose “Text” and then “Strikethrough” from the drop-down menu to remove the formatting.
- Your strikethrough will now be removed from your Mac.
What does Strikethrough mean?
The word strikethrough indicates the process of highlighting information incorrectly by drawing a straight line through it.
Is there a Keyboard option for applying Strikeout?
Yes, you may use the CTRL+SHIFT+5 keyboard shortcut on Windows. Command+Shift+X on a Mac.
Can I change the text in Google Documents to Double Strikethrough?
Yes, double strikethrough is possible with Google Docs. In Google Docs, use the drawing tool to create a double strikethrough.
When is it Acceptable to use Strikethrough?
Use a strikethrough only when you want to indicate which text was incorrect and how it was changed. We must not totally reject the text that has been stricken out as it may help readers know what the writer wants.