WB Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana (BM-SSY) is a social security scheme for unorganized workers in West Bengal. It was launched by the Government of West Bengal in 2017. The primary goals of BMSSY are to supply workers with pensions to enhance their quality of life and financial support in the event of an accident, disability, or childbirth. To register for the scheme, a worker must visit the official website of the BMSSY. By using the login details the workers can check the scheme’s status.
The WB BMSSY, also known as the Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana, is a social security scheme launched by the West Bengal government in 2017. It aims to provide financial security and essential benefits to unorganized workers in the state, including those employed in construction, transport, trade, services, and self-employment.
How Does the BMSSY Work?
The West Bengal Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana (BMSSY) is designed to support unorganized workers through the following steps:
- First, check the eligibility of a worker aged should be 18 and above, residing in West Bengal, and earning below Rs. 15,000 per month can register online or offline with the required documents at the BMSSY portal.
- After that Labour Department checks and verifies the details that you provided during registration and gives cards to eligible workers.
- By using this card, they can have the benefits. Claim filing can be done online or at Labour Department offices with strict verification processes.
Who is Eligible for the BMSSY Scheme?
To be eligible for the WB BMSSY (Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana) scheme, you must meet the following criteria:
- Workers must be residents of West Bengal.
- Above 18 years of age.
- Employees have to work in the unorganized sector.
- The worker’s monthly income must be less than Rs. 15,000.
Documents Required for BMSSY Registration
- Proof of identity: Aadhaar card, voter ID, birth certificate
- Proof of residence: ration card, electricity bill
- Proof of income: income certificate, bank statement
- Additional Documents: Passport-size photograph, signature specimen, nominee details
How to Apply for the BMSSY Scheme
- Visit the BMSSY portal at https://bmssy.wblabour.gov.in/
- Click on “New Registration.”
- Provide accurate details when completing the online application.
- Upload scanned copies of necessary documents (proof of identity, residence, and income).
- Review and submit the completed application.
- The Labour Department will review and verify your application.
- You’ll receive a confirmation message and a unique registration number if approved.
- Visit the nearest Labour Department office in your district.
- Collect the BMSSY application form.
- Provide correct information in the form.
- Attach copies of the required documents.
- Submit the form and documents to the designated official.
- Office staff will verify your documents and application.
- You’ll receive a registration number and details about the next steps if everything is in order.
BMSSY 2024: How do you register for the scheme?
The registration process at West Bengal Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana portal is easy by following these steps:
- Visit the BMSSY official website at https://bmssy.wblabour.gov.in/.
- On the homepage, click on “New Registration by Beneficiary.”
- Now click on the “Application download”.
- Carefully complete the application and attach the necessary files.
- Apply to the nearest Labour Department.
BMSSY Status Check
The status of the Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana (BMSSY) in West Bengal can be checked by following simple steps:
- Go to the BMSSY website at https://bmssy.wblabour.gov.in/.
- Click on “User login.” Now, enter your user ID and password.
- Your BMSSY dashboard will open, Click on “My application list”.
- Status can be checked by entering your Aadhar number.
- Now click on the “Search” button.
- A status column shows as “Submitted”.
The login process of Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana (BMSSY) is a straight process at the BMSSY portal. here are the steps:
- Navigate to Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana (BMSSY) portal at https://bmssy.wblabour.gov.in/.
- Click on the “User login”. Or Click on this link: https://bmssy.wblabour.gov.in/login.
- Lastly, select “Login” from the menu.
- Now, you can see the BMSSY dashboard.
- Enter your username.
- Enter your password.
- Enter the captcha code.
How to Avail the Benefits of West Bengal Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana
Once you are registered for the West Bengal Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana (BMSSY) scheme, you can avail the benefits as follows:
- Accidental Death and Disability Benefit: In case of accidental death or disability of a beneficiary, the family will be eligible for a lump sum amount of Rs. 5 lakhs. To claim this benefit, the family must submit the required documents to the Labour Department.
- Maternity Benefit: Pregnant women who are registered under the scheme are eligible for a lump sum amount of Rs. 1 lakh as a maternity benefit. To claim this benefit, the woman must submit the required documents to the Labour Department.
- Pension: Beneficiaries who are 60 years of age or above and have completed at least 15 years of continuous contribution to the scheme are eligible for a monthly pension of Rs. 1,000. To claim this benefit, the beneficiary must submit the required documents to the Labour Department.
The WB Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana (BMSSY) plays an important role in supporting the lives and livelihoods of unorganized workers in West Bengal. Unorganized workers are a large and diverse group of people who work outside the formal sector of the economy. They frequently deal with low pay, unfavorable working conditions, and job insecurity in addition to lacking the legal protections and benefits enjoyed by formal workers. There are many different types of unorganized workers like:
- Agricultural workers
- Construction workers
- Domestic workers
- Street vendors
- Home-based workers
Social Security for Unorganized Workers
- The Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana (BMSSY) initiated social security for unorganized workers. This safety net provides essential benefits and assistance to individuals working in the unorganized sector. To combat poverty and inequality and stimulate the economy, unorganized workers need Social Security. Strengthen social unity, and protect human rights.
- Social security for unorganized workers is not just about providing financial assistance but about investing in human development, economic growth, and social stability. By guaranteeing that workers have access to fundamental opportunities and protections, we can improve society’s justice and equity for all.
What is BMSSY?
BMSSY stands for Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana, a social security scheme for unorganized workers in West Bengal.
Who can apply for BMSSY?
Workers in the unorganized sector aged 18 and above, residents of West Bengal, earning below Rs. 15,000 per month are eligible.
How to register for BMSSY?
Visit the BMSSY portal, click on “New Registration,” fill out the form online, upload the necessary documents, and submit. Alternatively, visit the nearest Labour Department office for offline registration.
What documents are required for BMSSY registration?
Required documents include proof of identity, residence, income, passport-size photograph, signature specimen, and nominee details.
What is the purpose of BMSSY for unorganized workers?
BMSSY aims to provide financial assistance to unorganized workers in the event of accidents, disability, or childbirth and offers pensions to enhance their quality of life.