The Election Commission of India is responsible by the Indian Constitution for supervising, directing, and controlling the whole process of conducting elections to the parliament and legislatures of each state, and also conducting the election of the first citizen of India’s President and vice-president.
The Indian Election Commission is a regular constitutional body. In 2001, the Committee celebrated its Golden Jubilee. The Commission maintains a separate Secretariat in New Delhi, with a hierarchical structure of roughly 300 people.
The National Voters Service Portal (NVSP) was introduced with the purpose of providing electors with a single-window service. A Citizen of India can use NVSP to find and access various services including accessing the electoral list, applying for a new voter id card, applying online for corrections to a voter’s card, viewing details of polling booths, Assembly Constituencies, and Parliamentary Constituencies, and getting contact information for Booth Level Officers and Electoral Registration Officers, among other things.
How to do NVSP Registration at nvsp.in
Every eligible citizen of the Country can register in NVSP Portal to apply for New Voter ID Card, Apply for Corrections, Transfer their Voter ID to another location, Download E-EPIC Card and other services as an Indian Voter.
Bellow Steps help to register in NVSP Portal in a simple manner.
- Visit the National Voters Service Portal at https://www.nvsp.in.
- Proceed with the Login potion at the top right corner of the homepage.
- Now below click on ‘Register as a new user‘ then a new window is opened.
- Enter your Mobile Number, and verify the captcha code.
- Now click on the ‘Send OTP‘ button. One Time Password is coming to the phone number.
- Verify the Mobile Number with OTP to register in the NVSP portal.
- The NVSP Portal give two options ‘I have the EPIC number’ or ‘I don’t have an EPIC number’.
- Select one and submit it, and now you will reach the NVSP Online Registration Form.
- Fulfil the complete information about you, after filling in all the details click on register.
- Finally, you will get confirmation on the screen such as ‘Successfully Registered‘.
Those Registered citizens can log in to the NVSP Portal by the simple steps to access their account at nvsp.in/account/login.
- Open the below link in a browser https://www.nvsp.in/Account/Login.
- Fill in the fields for credentials like Username with E-mail or Mobile number.
- Enter the Password and Fill in the Captcha.
- Finally, click on the Login button.
- Once Successfully validated the credentials, you will reach the dashboard of the account.
How to do NVSP Form-6 New Voter Registration at nvsp.in
- Log in by using your account credentials at https://www.nvsp.in.
- Proceed with Form 6-Register as a new elector/voter option located on the left side.
- A new window opened for New Voter Register as NVSP Form-6.
- Select the State, District, Assembly Constituency and etc.
- Fill in your Personal details, Contact details, Aadhar details, Address details, etc.
- Your Aadhar details are automatically linked with Form-6B.
- Check your details with Preview and finally click on Save the data.
- Then a Reference ID is generated and displayed for your successful registration.
- Save the Reference ID Number to track the submitted New Voter Form-6 Registration.
How to Track NVSP From-6 Status
Those new voter applicants who have successfully submitted the NVSP-Form-6 or Form-6B can follow the simple steps to track their application status.
- Visit the Voters Service Portal (Voters ECI) at https://voters.eci.gov.in.
- On the homepage of the portal proceed with the Track Application Status option.
- Then you have redirected to ECI Web Portal, log in with your Registered Mobile Number and Password.
- Verify the captcha and click on Login.
- On the dashboard, you can able to track the submitted From-6 Current Status by entering your application reference number.
How to Download Voter ID Card Online for E-EPIC Card Pdf
- Visit the Voters ECIS Portal at https://voters.eci.gov.in.
- On the left side below Click on E-EPIC Download, Now log in with your Credentials.
- Now choose one of the two options EPIC no or Form reference number
- Now enter the EPIC/Reference Number, and Select your State.
- Next, Click on the Search option, then Verify your name, state, mobile number, etc.
- Now verify your mobile number with OTP, then Click on the download EPIC button.
- Now Your Voter ID/E-EPIC Card is displayed on the screen.
- If you want a copy of the Voter ID/E-EPIC Card click on the Printout option to get a printable copy.
Advised to save as Pdf to save your Voter ID EPIC Card digital copy for future reference.
How to Search Voter ID/EPIC ID at NVSP Portal
- Visit the Electoral Search Portal for Voter Information at https://electoralsearch.in.
- It displays two options Search by Details or Searches by ID Number/EPIC Number.
- Choose any one of them and fill in the fields like Name, Age, Gender, State, District, etc.
- After filling up the all fields, enter the captcha code and verify.
- Click on the Search button to check Voter information with EPIC ID as a list
How to check Name in the Voter List?
- Visit the Electoral Search Portal https://electoralsearch.in.
- Select the Search EPIC Number option.
- Now Enter the EPIC Number, Select State, and Enter Captcha Text.
- Proceed with the Search Option to get complete information about the Voter with he/her Name.
How to do Corrections in Voter ID at NVSP Portal.
- Visit the National Voters Service Portal at https://www.nvsp.in.
- Login by Username & Password then Select ‘Correction of Entries‘.
- After then, a Voter Correction Form will appear in front of you.
- You must enter all of the requested information and click the submit button.
- Now you will get a reference ID for the submitted corrections, and save it to track status.
What’s the Process to do Deletion or Objection in Electoral Roll?
- Visit the National Voter Information Portal at https://voters.eci.gov.in/
- Now click on Form 7 (Objection/Deletion).
- Read the guidelines for filling up the application form-7.
- The applicant shall mention his name, EPIC no., and mobile number of self ‘or’ relative (father/mother/husband/legal guardian).
- The applicant must select one of the options for which he wants to apply.
- The applicant must also tick any one of the reasons mentioned below the option, as to why according to him, the person against whom the objection has been made, is due to death, underage, absent/permanently shifted, already enrolled in the electoral roll at the same place or some other place, not an Indian citizen, etc.
- The onus of proof to substantiate the reason given for objection or removal of the name lies with the applicant.