If you have lost or had your driving license stolen, don’t worry, as you can obtain a duplicate license easily online. Losing your driving license can cause a lot of trouble and inconvenience, which is why it is necessary to obtain a replacement driving license as soon as possible.
In the past, acquiring a duplicate driving license was considered difficult and required multiple visits to the RTO. However, nowadays, obtaining a duplicate driving license has become much easier. Do you want to know how? Keep reading.
If any of our belongings are stolen, it can cause a lot of trouble. This is especially true for a driving license since its theft can result in a great deal of inconvenience and trouble. Driving a vehicle without a valid license is illegal, and if caught doing so, you may be fined.
To avoid this situation, it is necessary to obtain a duplicate driving license so that there are no problems of any kind. In the past, obtaining a duplicate license was considered quite cumbersome as it required several trips to the RTO.
However, the process has now become much easier, and there is no need to worry if your driving license is stolen. Obtaining a duplicate license has become very easy.
Steps to Apply for a Duplicate Driving Licence
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) in India has simplified the process of obtaining a duplicate driving license. It is no longer necessary to visit the RTO multiple times for this purpose. The task can now be completed online from the comfort of one’s own home.
These are the simple steps to follow if your driving license has been stolen and you need a duplicate one.
- To apply for a duplicate driving license, visit https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/.
- On the website, there will be an option to fill out the LLD form. Please make sure to complete this form.
- Taking a printout of the LLD form? Make sure to attach all necessary documents, such as Aadhar Card, Voter ID Card, Ration Card, Birth Certificate, 10th Class Marksheet, and a photograph.
- Once you have completed it, please submit the LLD form and accompanying documents online to the nearest RTO.
- The duplicate license will be sent to your home in 30 days after the process is completed.